LCVG

Donnie Darko Director's Cut

Excellent to hear!! I bought this sight unseen on DVD and LOVED it. The story allows for so many possibilities that any type of directors cut would be welcome in my book. I always have the theatrical edition to enjoy in any case ;) . Definitely recommend this movie to anyone out there looking for something that is both interesting and different (with some fantastic performances to boot, most notably by Jake Gyllenhaal) to watch. Hell my City of Heroes avatar is named "Drake Darko" if that tells you anything. :D

I absolutely love the website they did, it is such a perfect extension of the film.

The story mentions how it will have new scenes, some new visual effects, and soundtrack changes. I'm okay with the first two, but I'm a little bit wary of the last one. I felt the soundtrack is pretty damn great as is, but I know that Richard Kelly had some different preferences for certain scenes that he couldn't afford music clearances to the first time around.

For instance, he wanted another Tears For Fears song at the beginning instead of Echo and the Bunnymen's "The Killing Moon" which I hope he doesn't change back. He wanted The Cure's "Just Like Heaven" at the party scene before they go upstairs instead of Joy Division, which would probably fit better. The dance team sequence was originally filmed to "West End Girls" by the Pet Shop Boys instead of "Notorious" by Duran Duran. And finally...Kelly original wanted U2's "MLK" over the last montage instead of the brilliant cover of "Mad World" found there now. At the very least, I hope he realizes it would be a fucking crime to remove that song from the film now!