LCVG

Upcoming Universal DVD Releases

Guest Bryan

Guest Bryan

I just saw some great news about releases of classic Universal pictures on The Digital Bits:

Film Noir lovers can look forward to The Big Clock, Black Angel, Criss Cross, Double Indemnity, This Gun for Hire (1942) and Touch of Evil on July 6.

Abbott & Costello fans will be excited to hear that The Best of Bud Abbott and Lou Costello: Volume 3 box set streets August 3. It includes Abbott and Costello Go to Mars, Abbott and Costello in the Foreign Legion, Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man, Abbott and Costello Meet the Killer, Boris Karloff, Comin' Round the Mountain, Lost in Alaska and Mexican Hayride.

I am most excited about The Big Clock and the A&C Meet films. Highly recommended!

• 3 months later...
Guest Bryan

The Big Clock turned out to be a fantastic release. It definitely showed signs of its age, but was as thrilling as ever. I picked up the new Abott & Costello Vol. 3 today - lookig forward to giving them a spin soon.

I still have concerns every time Universal issues some of the genuine classics from their archive. Was Big Clock the only one you've picked up so far, Bryan? I am really concerned about the print quality on all of these release since Universal really haven't shown much care for presenting their classics remastered (their horror titles, the original Scarface, death takes a holiday...etc are all questionable)....

Dan

PS: Did you get that ludicrously cheap Warner Bros Film Noir release recently?