LCVG

Official LCVG.com Unreal Tournament 2004 Server

Chris F

Because we're such cool guys... And we want to spread the love of Unreal Tournament 2004, we'd like to announce...

The Official LCVG.com Unreal Tournament 2004 Server!

"What is it?" - It's a dedicated 16 player PRIVATE server. Owned, operated and administrated by us.

"What does that mean?" - It means chaos, death, and destruction free of the asshats on public servers. It also means VoIP is supported! So trashtalk your friends! Have a map you'd like to try out, let me know! We can put it in a rotation.

"Wow, you guys are so cool! What do I need to play?" - You'll need a copy of Unreal Tournament 2004 (the ability to play it online), and the following information:

IP: 65.39.207.22

Password: PM either myself (Ruffneck) or Buck for the password. The password will change every week to avoid having it "leaked" to the general public.

We're currently running an assortment of Onslaught maps, so hop on, hop in a tank and blow some $#!t up! We'll be rotating gametypes and maps, so don't be surprised if something you played one day, isn't being played later on!

• 4 weeks later...
Are many people playing on the server? I haven't played UT since the original, but UT2K4 might be worth getting if enough people are playing.

Well, I know at least 8 of us own UT2K4, and if you call out a game early enough, I'm sure we'd all be happy to join in.

UT2K4 is an amazing game. It's even fun when you're only playing against 'bots. AT 30$ it's easily worth it.

I check the server on occasion but there is never anybody there unless we organize something. I think it has been set to Invasion for the last month now.

For this reason I tend to play Instant Action instead of playing on the server, especially because I detest Invasion.

I'd be willing to set City of Heroes aside for a small period of time in order to get something going on there.

Are there differences between the versions? If so, is there a preferred version?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you mean difference in the CD version versus the DVD version, one is on 7 CD's, the other is on 1 DVD. Of course, you need a DVD-ROM drive to use the DVD version. I have a DVD-ROM, I bought the DVD edition. I didn't need to sit thre swapping 7 CDs during the installation.

If you meant "versions" in a different sense, please elaborate, and I'll do my best to answer your question.

For this reason I tend to play Instant Action instead of playing on the server, especially because I detest Invasion.

I'm going to attempt to set it to DM or CTF tonight, as I'm not a big fan of invasion myself. I might do Assault, but not 100% sure yet.

If you meant "versions" in a different sense, please elaborate, and I'll do my best to answer your question.

Nope, that's what I meant. Sorry for not being clearer in my questioning. Anyway, I'm gonna go place my order at GoGamer right now. Anyone have any mic recommendations? I'd much prefer talking over typing while playing, ala Xbox Live. I don't need anything fancy, cheap but decent will work.