LCVG

MOMO FORCE detection problem

Guest santiclaws

Guest santiclaws

I recently installed a new mobo and processor in my computer. Ever since, I can't get my MOMO FORCE wheel to function correctly. The wheel is detected, the buttons and pedals work, but there is no force feedback, and the wheel axis is all screwy. Before the upgrade, I'd just plug in the wheel and one of the little green lights would immediately go on. Now it doesn't. I've tried software versions 4.25, 4.30 and 4.40. Same problem.

The chipset on the new mobo is an nforce2. Could that be the problem, and if it is, any suggestions on how to fix it? I have WinXP SP1. All other USB devices are working properly. No problems appear in the Device manager. The latest Nforce chipset drivers installed (and uninstalled and reinstalled). The OS is a fresh install.

Thanks for any help

This sounds remarkably like the problem with the (designed for the PS2) Logitech Driving Force where if you don't do a little registry hack then XP erroneously mounts it as a non-ff wheel. It might be that you need the same hack, but right now I'm failing to find the relevant registry update, sorry. Maybe your Google powers are better than mine, though.

• 2 weeks later...