LCVG

PS2 Logitech Steering Wheel work with XBox?

Hi all,

I bought the Logitech PS2 Steering Wheel for my boyfriend for his birthday. The newer one that is made for Grand Turismo 4. I was wondering if it possible to use this with the XBox with maybe some type of USB adaptor? If so, does it work with Project Gotham Racing 1 or 2 or Rallisport 1 or 2? The force feedback and everything? It works fine with the PC, we downloaded the Need For Speed: Underground demo and tried it but would really love to use it with the PGR games until GT4 comes out. Thanks in advance for any input.

Most likely not. The game would have to have an API to support the force feedback and other features of the Logitech wheel, which no Xbox game that I'm aware of does.

You could try a PS2 to Xbox adapter, but again, I don't think the results will be worth it.

The wheel uses USB, it does NOT have a PS2 joystick connector, it is strictly USB. The Logitech wheel works PERFECTLY with the PC (like I said in the other post we tried Need For Speed Underground). So what I'm asking is - would a USB to XBox connector work and would any of the Xbox games support it? So let's try this again. Thanks!

kittycatgirl, the consensus is very, very unlikely.

I think Scott's reason is pretty plausible.

The game would have to have an API to support the force feedback and other features of the Logitech wheel, which no Xbox game that I'm aware of does.

Logitech is pretty well known for making wheels that are interchangeable between PS2 and PC - it's not surprising that your new wheel is too.

What?! What about the driving game?

GT4 is what my bf wanted the wheel for in the first place. heh. But its not out yet so I was looking into other diversions until then. The Xbox is home to my personal two favorites, Project Gotham Racing 2 and Rallisport. I also love Need For Speed: Underground now that I've played the two races that come with the demo about 3,000 times (okay that's an understatement, but after 4 hours... about 2 minutes a race....).

Grand Turismo 3 looks dreadful. I'm sorry but it does. I was so impressed by it when it first came out (hey my PS2 was the Grand Turismo packaged one...with the spiffy red box, too bad the PS2 wasn't themed for it too hehe) but it hasn't aged quite as well. Whoever wanted to put the fencing in the game should be shot, because it looks TERRIBLE now. Argh. I'm spoiled by my XBox, 720p games and a 60" tv. I suck.

Originally posted by DrunkOM@Apr 27 2004, 03:45 AM

I'm a little surprised that MS hasn't made a FF wheel for the XBox. I mean, they could basically take their last Sidewinder model and make a few XB modifications to it (almost like what Logitech has done with their wheels in the past).

I'm a bit surprised by this as well - I was hoping that when Microsoft announced they were shutting down their Sidewinder business they were going to shift their focus into 1st party periphrials for the Xbox... but so far :(