LCVG

Rise Of Nations: Thrones and Patriots

cane corso

RON was fun, but I had troubles figuring out what units were good against what. I know it saws in the unit descriptions, but the unit names keep changing with every upgrade. I'm sure I'd get better at it, but I have troubles devoting time to a game I have to learn.

I have never played online. I played Age of Empires online a few times, but it was not a pretty sight. I was never good with the hotkeys, which is critical in these types of games.

I picked up the expansion and so far i am enjoying it. It has your typical expansion stuff: new nations, units, new campaigns and so on. They also added a government system, where you have to build a Senate and a choose a government (no experince with this feture yet). I am really enjoying the new campaigns. Instead of just picking a nation and conquering all, they added a few twists. For example, playing as the Americans on the New World campaign you are under British control. Until you declare war and defeat them, you cannot create alliances and they take a portion of your tribute on every turn. However, they are also useful in defeating surrounding nations or unclaimed territory. Not big changes, but I like it. I have not played enough to experince the other nations, units and campaigns. Again, so far I am really enjoying this expansion. Maybe I'll try my luck online. :?

I also enjoyed Rise of Nations a great deal. I have not played any online, but have played an extensive amount of the single player game. I am definitely curious about the expansion, but I should be getting Battlefield Vietnam and City of Heroes in the mail tomorrow and I have a feeling that both of them will be taking up a lot of my time. ;)