LCVG

For all you Babylon 5 fans out there

JoeyN

JMS for the last month or so on his newsgroup has posted info that a big B5 project has been in negotiations. Well today he posted in his latest entry that they are deep in stage two of getting the deal done. But he goes on to mention a aspect ratio which hints at a feature film. He also says a bunch of new opportunities because of the new project, as well as other stuff that popped up will make fans happy as it looks like more B5 stuff will be coming in the future

capt

• 2 years later...

This is a very old post, but some new updates for those who were B5 fans

As you may know there is going to be a direct to DVD released called B5:The lost tales. JMS plans to do many of these as WB has had huge sales for the season sets. Well originally the first was going to have 3 stories. Now they have decided to only do two for the first, as the third story has a lot of Special Effects and changing of scenary. He has now announced who will be in the stories, and the people have signed up for these. The third one pushed to the 2nd release is about Garbaldi and Glen is involved.

The two on the first release will be about Sheridan and Lockley. Originally each episode would be 20 minutes. Since there will be only two, each will be 30 minutes long, maybe a bit longer.

Release is early next year sometime, as they are prepping to shoot as I type

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

First few seasons of B5 were a slow slow build up, which did not pay off till S3,4 and 5. The show was made on a smaller budget, so it did not have the best production values, but it ranks up there with my favorite scifi shows. I actually did not want to get into it either, but a friend of mine kept bugging me to stick to it, and I am glad I did. S3/S4 have some of my favorite episodes on any tv show

I absolutely adored B5. That's irrelevant to that trailer looking exceptionally cheesy & dated.

The B5 show trailers that aired on TV back when the show aired (which are on the DVDs) are VERY VERY Cheesy. Very.

As far as the green-screen compositing - I haven't seen a TV show yet that looks natural. I even noticed it watching the Matrix and the Matrix Reloaded the other day. *shrug*

• 1 month later...