LCVG

Wachowski brother

Yeah I heard about this sometime late last year. At first it seemed credible, but then it sounded like it was more a rumor started by a bitter ex-boyfriend.

It could very well be true, it does kind of fit with the very fetishistic clothing they used in the Matrix (namely Trinity's outfits). And then there's their first movie Bound which is pretty much a lesbian fantasy (and a good movie).

Yeah, this isn't a new story, it surfaced around the time of the second Matrix film's cinema release - there's a Smoking Gun report of his divorce papers, and right after that there were media stories about his crossdressing & "eventual" operation.

Originally posted by Failsafe@May 2 2004, 06:45 AM

Guess we won't be seeing any more Matrix-related interviews with the pair from now on?

As supposed to all those ones they did before? They've never been particular fans of appearing on camera in the first place, really.

Originally posted by iainl@May 2 2004, 03:39 AM

As supposed to all those ones they did before? They've never been particular fans of appearing on camera in the first place, really.

True. However, I had thought they might record some new interviews for the boxset of all three films.

Originally posted by JohnEBGood@May 3 2004, 12:50 PM

Do you think that this will adversely affect his career? How weird is this whole story?

I kind of doubt it will impact his/her career much, as long as they keep writing good movies. The story is reminiscent of the electronic musician Walter Carlos, who had a sex change and became Wendy Carlos. She had quite a successful career, if I'm not mistaken, she even did the score for Tron, which is brilliant.

I kind of doubt it will impact his/her career much, as long as they keep writing good movies.

Maaan, you're lucky this is a nice forum and I don't feel like being a prick, 'cause I have a snarky comment to go along with this statement :green:

Originally posted by Failsafe@May 3 2004, 06:12 PM

Live with what ya got, buddy! :?

Well, unfortunately for some people, what they 'got' between their legs does not match with what they got between their ears, which has to be one of the worst situations to be in.

Let's not get carried away, folks. ;)

All in good fun, I know, but we should be respectful of the choices of others. That it may seem incomprehensible to you doesn't make it wrong. :)

It's a big decision and I doubt Wachowski took it lightly.

Guest Bryan

It is called Gender Dysphoria. A very sad way to live life, but kudos to those who take the plunge and try to make it right.