LCVG

Favorite Halo Weapon

Your favorite weapon in Halo is...  

1. 1. Your favorite weapon in Halo is...

• machine gun
    • pistol
    • Covenant plasma pistol
    • Covenant plasma rifle
    • Covenant needler
    • shotgun
    • rocket launcher
    • sniper rifle
    • frag grenade
    • plasma grenade

The Pistole (pronounced Pistol-ay), as I like to call it, is my favorite for Single and Multiplayer Halo. Despite the fact the the pistole is automatic, I still squeeze off the rounds one-by-one. Not sure why, I just get more satisfaction that way.

And when I get stuck in a plasma only match, I go for the plasma pistol. Here's how to rack up good kills with that weapon: Never charge it up!

when you get a target, fan the trigger like you are in the old west and charge right at the opponent. This will bring the shields down, and a nice melee to the noggin will finish off the poor chump very nicely.

Carlos.

I dunno why, but I am supremely deadly in pistol gunfights. Just ask kfredericks! :twisted:

Despite the fact the the pistole is automatic, I still squeeze off the rounds one-by-one. Not sure why, I just get more satisfaction that way.

It's automatic? :P

Honestly, I don't know if I knew that. It's just so natual that I unload the rounds individually.

It's automatic?

Honestly, I don't know if I knew that. It's just so natual that I unload the rounds individually.

Semi-automatic.

You can shoot a lot faster with individual shots. Holding down the trigger is a sure fire way to open yourself up to counter attack.

The ability to just hold the trigger down for multiple rounds makes it Fully automatic

Semi-Automatic means it will feed a fresh round into the firing chamber, but requires a fresh trigger pull to expand that fresh round.

The pistol in Halo is fully automatic. Hold the trigger down and you'll expend your whole clip.

Also, I don't believe holding the trigger down is any slower than manually squeezing off the rounds one-by-one, but I can't wait to get home to "experiment"

Carlos.

Ok, I just caught my boys at home before they left to school. Both of them are normally "holder-downers", so there may be timing issues on the trigger pull. ]

I had Matt squeeze the trigger in rapid succession, while Joshua just held the trigger down. Joshua was able to expend all the rounds in his clip a second or two before Matt, which confirms my hypothesis that the hold-down approach is at worst no slower than the semi-automatic approach.

I believe, and will confirm tonight, that with the proper timing of trigger squeezes, the semi-automatic approach can be just as fast as the hold-down.

And yet it looks like several of us do not hold it down. Wonder what the pros do?

Carlos.

Well it really depends on if you are talking campaign or multiplayer. For the campaign I like the shotgun for its sheer Flood-stopping power, so that's what I voted for. But against other Master Chiefs I use the pistola for combo of zoom and power.

Funny that this topic should come up today...after a months-long break I popped in Halo yesterday to see if I could pick up where I left off in the Heroic campaign. It is just amazing to me that despite all of the fantastic shooters that have come out on the Xbox since its launch, this game is still THE definitive console shooter of its generation. :tu:

I had Matt squeeze the trigger in rapid succession, while Joshua just held the trigger down. Joshua was able to expend all the rounds in his clip a second or two before Matt, which confirms my hypothesis that the hold-down approach is at worst no slower than the semi-automatic approach.

Interesting...I guess it was just a psycological difference in my mind. Odd.

As Carlos put it, the Pistole. Odd that my goup of friends uses the same terminology. That's for multiplayer though. In the campaign, my choice varies depending on what point I'm at, and what emimies I'm facing.

And hey, it's just fun to switch it up from time to time. Sometimes it's great fun to frag your friends with a needler just for shit's and giggles. :green: