LCVG

A Star Wars TV Series on the way?

JoeyN

There have been many rumors and reports the last few weeks about a secret Star Wars Project after Episode 3. Evidence of a tv series has been growing the last two weeks, but nothing official has been announced. Last word was it was going to take place after episode 3. Ill post any more info as it comes out. Thought some of you may be intrested in whats goign on in the sw universe

capt

I'll go for the reality tv idea ;).

"The Sith have spoken."

"You have the most disturbing lack of faith. Good bye."

I'd hope for a big-budget animated series, personally, which is at least halfway aimed at adults and not as kiddified as most things SW have gotten lately. Pipe-dreaming I'm sure, but that'd be pretty cool.

I'd hope for a big-budget animated series, personally, which is at least halfway aimed at adults and not as kiddified as most things SW have gotten lately. Pipe-dreaming I'm sure, but that'd be pretty cool.

Agreed.

A live-action show would have far too great potential for massive problems. FX shots in live action TV are generally poor to very poor quality and the flexibility of set changes, character changes, etc. is out the window in an effort to keep costs down. An animated series would have a lot more room to improve on the SW universe while a live-action series could do the opposite.

Originally posted by Jordan_E@May 3 2004, 10:11 AM

Law & Order: JCD (Jedi Crime Division)

(Music starts)

- DUHM DUHM

On screen it shows....

Tatooine

Mos Eisley Spaceport

May 18th, 4:38 PM

Fade in....

Stormtrooper #1: Well, looks like we have a problem here.

Bar Owner: You think? We just had a damn Jedi come in here and chop a guys arm off.

Stormtrooper #1: Well, I just spoke to a few Jedi as I was walking in. They seemed to think that they weren't the droids I was looking for. They were pretty convincing about it. So, I let them go.

Bar Owner: What droids?

Stormtrooper #1: Exactly.

(Music)

-DUHM DUHM

CSI: Coruscant?

"Did you get the lab results for that John Doe?"

"I did -- and it's bad."

"Midichlorians?"

"Yep."

"Damn."

:lmfao:

Seriously, I don't see how they could do a TV show,especially an ongoing one. While I like the Clone Wars shorts - that is pushing it as it is. But,trivia geek that I am, I'll be keeping tabs on any future developments...

Live action would be tough, not just because of costs, but they'd probably have to make it more of a SW offshoot with different main characters from the movies.... which has a good to great chance of sucking.

Animated would probably be the way to go.

If something does happen with this, I just hope that they get the right talent involved with it, and don't screw it up too badly.

I take it none of you guys watch Cartoon Network. They've had 2 seasons (if you want to call them that) on already done by Tartakovsky. the same person that does Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, and the greatest animated show on now, Samurai Jack. They've only been five or so minutes long (one a day for a week), but they are so f-ing sweet. His style is so perfect for the Jedi showdowns that take place in the Star Wars universe.

I read somewhere that this is going to be turned into a full series. Rumor maybe.

cw_yoda.jpg

Count me in as another fan who would like to see a killer animated series. Although I would like to see a good live-action show, I suspect that the limitations inherent in doing one would outweight the benefits. With animation, you're essentially free to do whatever you want visually. The aliens and various planets can be as far out as the creators would like, and they don't have to figure out how they are going to create it on a set and make it work.

Sadly, I have not watched any of the Clone Wars mini shows. However, I have read rumblings at TF.N that a DVD of the complete series may be released sometime soon. This would not surprise me, seeing as anything Star Wars related gets gobbled up by fans such as myself.

I don't think the limitations would be too great in doing a live action spin off, especially if one looks into all the money and talent poured into Young Indy during its run, a show that was shot in locations all over the world with a sprawling amount of characters.

Although I personally do not like the HD Cameras all that much, there's little doubt they'd be used for such a live action show, and in fairness it would keep post production costs down a little. In general, having spent time with the technology, these cameras do seem to have much more of a future in television, commercials and music videos than they do cinema, so they greatest thing holding back a live action star wars would be the effects costs, but it depends on what level of effects you expect to see. A colossal amount of cgi on the videogame cut scene like level the prequels have delivered? I'd actually hope not. I think a live action series could be done with more focus on story and character, but still with good effects when needed. Set up an in house team at ILM just for a TV show.

Like the prequels themselves though, whether or not the world really NEEDS a TV spin off remains to be seen. The idea of a really well animated (non cg) series does intrigue me that little bit more however.

Daniel

In the ideal world, somebody would use the extended ability to convey a story afforded by television to do three seasons of the show, each one covering one of the books of Timothy Zahn's fantastic first series of Star Wars novels.

One of the only times I've ever read a book based on a license property and found it well-written and enthralling :).

• 2 weeks later...

Please take this with a grain of salt. In fact, just grab the entire salt shaker, remove the cap, and pour it down your throat. Everyone's favorite movie news and rumors site, Ain?t It Cool News, has a spy report alledgedly from an insider with information about this new Star Wars TV program. Here's the important bit:

Yep, been a long time since my last report. But I like to save up. So it's time to cash out. Yep, there is a Star Wars TV show on the way. Yep, it takes place between Episode 3 and 4. Yep, the character and story arcs are starting to come together. Hehe... fanboys are gonna love this! Playing one of the series' villans we love to hate is none other than... wait for it... Boba Fett! Expect young Boba (but not nearly as young as in Ep. 2) to feature in the series significantly. And you wondered why Lucas spent so much time focusing on that kid in Attack of the Clones and made sure that you knew that he knew that the Jedi/Republic was responsible for his Dad's death. Now you know.

Boba Fett, eh? Interesting, although not totally unexpected. Georgie boy obviously knows how his fans adore this merciless bounty hunter and will watch every minute of an episode featuring him. I know this because I'm one of those fans. :D

I agree with an animated show but they would have to be very careful. There already are tons of books that tell a very long story about the Star Wars Universe. I think that if they wanted to tell a story they should tell the ones happening behind the scenes. Kind of like in SW Galaxies where not only Jedi exist. What about the smugglers, merchants, politicians. Anyone other than the main characters. Then they could just throw in a few Jedi to resolve a problem when the galaxy is thrown off balance. Ah even the GenoHaraden assasin guild that was in KOTOR. I don't know but George Lucas is a brilliant man.