LCVG

New LucasArts president appointed

I just noticed this little nugget of news at Gamesindustry.biz. Head of Marketing for Lucasfilm, Jim Ward, has been given the chief title at LucasArts, though he will also remain in his former position at Lucasfilm as well (so the article states). It goes on to claim that the flannel wearing one himself picked Ward for the position.

Anyone who?s followed a lot of Lucasfilm?s home video relations over the past few years would probably accept that publicly, Ward is often one for a bit of bullshitting, singing the ?deny everything? tune perhaps a little bit too often during his time with the company. Still, it?s all business. It?ll be interesting to see if we see changes for the better amongst LucasArts. There's so much potential for greatness within that company...

He?d do well to give the green light back to Sam & Max if he knows what's good for him. :)

Daniel (UK)

Originally posted by Daniel Brecher@May 5 2004, 06:30 PM

He?d do well to give the green light back to Sam & Max if he knows what's good for him. :)

Agreed. S&M being cancelled has been one of the bigger gaming disappointments for me in a while. I'd love to see the Xwing/Tie Fighter franchise brought back as well. Still, this next years lineup looks rather promising.

Originally posted by Orpheus@May 6 2004, 12:38 AM

I'd love to see the Xwing/Tie Fighter franchise brought back as well.

The last I saw, that is what they're trying to hype the spaceship-flying add-on to Star Wars Galaxies as. Which will probably be complete rubbish, as its already indicated that you're going to have to do a lot of boring on-foot levelling up to get near one of the things, so I'll be passing.