LCVG

XBox Flight Simulators

Motm

Does anyone know if Microsoft is ever going to make a flight sim game for XBox?

The games they make for PC are pretty good and I think it would be nice to have one for this console as well as a full flight controller. I think it would take gaming to a whole new level with this console. Let me know on this post if anyone knows or has heard anything about that.

The PC sim community is pretty hardcore. Consoles, on the other hand, have never been known to have any kind of flight simulator, since the controlers are pretty basic. I'd imagine they'd have to go the Steel Batallion route with a special stick/rudder combo. However, I doubt we'll ever see that.

Guest Bryan

That would be ridiculous. What kind of fool would plunk down alot of cash (probably $200 or more) for hardware that could only play one game?

I would love to fly sim-style on Live, however.

I think the demographics for consoles make this unlikely, and then there's the controls like Merlot mentioned, although it would be kind of cool.

The only way it would happen, IMO, is if it was one mode in a flight combat game, ala Crimson Skies, so you could play in combat mode, or switch to a flight sim mode. But the controls would still be an issue.

Originally posted by FutureVoid@May 6 2004, 01:25 PM

What kind of fool would plunk down alot of cash (probably $200 or more) for hardware that could only play one game?

Guilty as charged. ;)

It's actually 2 games, well 1 and a half :P

Hey, it isn't that you guys bought a controller that only plays one game, it's that you bought a controller that only plays one game AND THEN NEVER PLAY IT

Hey, I still play the single player game. I think Line of Contact sucks. Disappointed, to say the least.

Anyhoo...it's REALLY strange that this topic got started because last night I was flying around in Flight Sim 2002 and thought that the next flight sim from Microsoft (2006, I guess), would be killer on Xbox 2.

Even figured that they'd have to go the "Steel Battalion" route with a dedicated controller.

If word got out that it was a fantastic sim, I think it would do pretty damn well in the marketplace.

I sure as hell would buy it.