LCVG

Prince of Persia 2 Official

Romier S

Here is the "official" announcement:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/06/news_6095522.html

The update, currently titled Prince of Persia 2, is in development at Ubisoft's Montreal studio, the same studio responsible for last year's Sands of Time. The sequel looks and sounds as though it will take on a darker tone than its predecessor, as this time, the titular prince "has to embark upon a path of both carnage and mystery to defy his preordained death." Ubisoft's announcement emphasizes that the game will feature a brand-new, freeform combat system, and that the prince will be able to wield a variety of weapons in battle--as well as control "the Ravages of Time."

Screens are listed to the right of that article.

Originally posted by J.Fo@May 6 2004, 01:38 PM

Most excellent! I definitely look forward to play this one.

The question I have is will Farrah play a role in this new game? It would feel somewhat lonely to traverse this game alone.

As long as there are cracks in the walls, I'd be surprised if Farrah wasn't there ;)

Originally posted by DrunkOM@May 6 2004, 04:20 PM

Now we just need to convince UBI that a Beyond Good and Evil sequel is worthwhile.

Agreed, but I think the word you were looking for there is profitable.

• 1 month later...

Just in case you guys haven't seen this, IGN has posted an awesome interview with Yannis Mallat of Ubisoft about Prince of Persia 2. It goes into great detail of the new play mechanics, the more dynamic combat system, and also the storyline.

As much as I'd like to quote the (rather lengthy) excerpt concerning the storyline, I won't simply because I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't made it through all of the first game yet. Needless to say, it sounds damn cool, and I highly recommend that those of you who haven't made it to the end of The Sands of Time do so before this one comes out.

I think I may have to add this one to the list of games I've preordered.