LCVG

June OXM violates the space-time continuum!

bickle

In the latest Official Xbox Magazine (June), there is a large preview of many upcoming Xbox titles. They preface the feature with the following text:

We went undercover to this year's E3 show, armed with only a press badge, a notebook, and a Controller-S, to get you the latest info on Xbox's hard-hitting 2004 line-up!

This year's E3. The one scheduled for May 12-14. The one that hasn't happened yet. This is supposedly not a preview, but a report of an event that they have actually attended. In the future, apparently.

I, for one, am quite concerned with OXM's casual disregard for the space-time continuum. Their flippant attitude towards the laws of causality could bring about the destruction of, well, everything. I mean, they should at least get some Xbox2 previews for taking that kind of risk.

lol i just finished reading the magazine and saw that. I double checked my laptops clock to make sure it was set to the right time. Wasnt anything that we hadnt already heard about. Except that Ubi is looking to get the actors from the miniseries band of brothers to lend there voice to the new game.

capt

Is it a subscription? I know most subs come weeks before the mag hits the newstand, so they always write like that to be "current"...but to actually claim coverage of an event that hasn't even happened yet = zero credibility.

If I had a sub, I would cancel it, but I don't; I've never liked console-specific magazines :wtf:

Originally posted by scobeto@May 6 2004, 07:47 PM

Is it a subscription? I know most subs come weeks before the mag hits the newstand, so they always write like that to be "current"...but to actually claim coverage of an event that hasn't even happened yet = zero credibility.

If I had a sub, I would cancel it, but I don't; I've never liked console-specific magazines :wtf:

Hey, at least you get a demo disc.

But I agree, having the absolute gall to say you had a sneak preview of E3 is a complete load, especially if you're going to release your magazine before E3 happens. Unless OXM's staff actually snuck in to the PR departments of all the presenters and got some early info, they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Unless OXM's staff actually snuck in to the PR departments of all the presenters and got some early info, they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Many of the big publishers had press days in the weeks before E3 this year to allow journalists more time on their entire range instead of scattered coverage on one or two big titles. I think this will happen much more next year too.

Obviously, these "editor's days" were too late for the OXM article which was printed too far in advance, but don't think other magazines E3 coverage is strictly from E3.

First, they should have said something like "by the time you read this, E3 may already have started or finished, blah blah blah." It is more funny than offensive in my opinion. Then again, I find lots of things funny that others find offensive, so I guess my assessment isn't meaningful.

Second, Fox News is Fair and Balanced! You pinhead liberals should go hug a tree. Seriously though, I disagree with Bill O'reilly on almost every issue, but I love that show... despite not being fair or balanced.

Third, I miss NextGen magazine.