LCVG

Street Fighter Anniversary Edition Coming to Xbox and XBL

JoeyN

Originally posted by Thrillho+May 7 2004, 11:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Thrillho @ May 7 2004, 11:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DrunkOM@May 7 2004, 10:05 AM

:drool: :tu: :green: :lol: :shock: :Rock::D

I think that's enough.

AGREED!!!!!

It may be time to buy a six button arcade stick!!! [/b]

Ditto.

Originally posted by Thrillho+May 7 2004, 11:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Thrillho @ May 7 2004, 11:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DrunkOM@May 7 2004, 10:05 AM

:drool: :tu: :green: :lol: :shock: :Rock::D

I think that's enough.

AGREED!!!!!

It may be time to buy a six button arcade stick!!! [/b]

Make sure it supports the XBL Communicator though. ;)

Anybody wanna provide some details? Tournaments, number of players (obviously in the lobby, not just a match, Duh) which versions of SF will it have? I can't read it from work....do'h! I really wish they'd finally get around to re-drawing all the Street Fighter games in a higher resolution.

Originally posted by FutureVoid@May 7 2004, 10:23 AM

Guilty Gear XX Reload and now Street Fighter? Oh boy, my dreams of kicking ass on Live are finally coming true!

Don't forget Dead or Alive: Ultimate.

Now if Sega would just do the right thing and port over Virtua Fighter 4 and make it Live.......

If Capcom wanted, they could make this REALLY cool. Online Tournaments, spectators that can watch and talk while two others are playing (like a virtual arcade), play modes like next person gets to play winner etc.

I'm sure they won't though, it'll be ugly and simply functional like Capcom VS SNK 2 was.

Sprite upgrades might even be asking too much.

If Capcom wanted, they could make this REALLY cool. Online Tournaments, spectators that can watch and talk while two others are playing (like a virtual arcade), play modes like next person gets to play winner etc.

I agree. Fighting games online can be made better if the developer would put some thought into the human aspect of it.

True that. 1 on 1 online games had their heyday with the Dreamcast, in my opinion. As much as I'd love fighting and sports games online, I always come back to the realization that it's always 1 on 1, so I always skip them. Some kind of lobby/spectator system would be awesome, or if in sports games they'd do something like let one guy call the plays (coach) and another play them (QB), like in real football. That would rule.

Originally posted by Daniel Brecher@May 9 2004, 10:08 AM

Nearing time for that X-Arcade stick too.

Daniel, the X-Arcade is awful for Xbox Live, and its compounded when you are playing a game with the precise timing of a 2d fighter like Street Fighter. Even offline, the split-second delay was just enough to throw off the timing of combos for me. On XBL, it's atrocious. You might want to consider a dedicated Xbox stick, rather than a universal.

-Dave

• 8 months later...

In about some of the best news that I've read in a good while, the special edition Street Fighter controllers released on the PS2 for Street Fighter Anniversary are making thier way to the Xbox!!

You can choose from the following:

Akuma

Guile

Sagat

..and another alternative:

Street Fighter Arcade Stick

Curiously, Gamestop shows a different design for the controller (and one I would actually love to use as a regular Xbox controller!):

Akuma Xbox Pad

Wow, that IS a cool stick, Romier. I've been considering a new stick for a while now (the old Asciiware PS1 one that I've got isn't cutting it), and if this one has a good feel, I'd definitely consider it.

Even offline, the split-second delay was just enough to throw off the timing of combos for me.

Can someone explain this to me? I'd been considering an X-Arcade but this is troublesome news. Is there a delay because of the adapter cable?

I've heard that online, this game is nothing but

Pure Cheese

People basically abuse all the glitches and balance issues from the different versions of the characters. If you plan to play online, be prepared to deal with infinite legsweeps and other similar tactics that guarentee a win under laggy conditions.

The button layout of the Streetfighther Stick still puts me off. Just a straight layered layout, which is ultimately going to become quite taxing on the fingers. There don't seem to be many arcade stick fanatics online salivating over it partly for that reason, but the artwork certainly is very nice.

Incidentally the Xbox Streeghfighter Anniversary Edition has been out her in Europe since late 2004 and I?ve still not picked it up, really because I still can?t decide on a bloody stick to buy.

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the arcade stick today while heading out to EB. It was sitting there in that lovely box (and it's a rather large box too). Plunked down the cash and got it home ASAP.

The layout didn't bother me any as it felt comfortable and the joystick itself was tight and the gripping on it felt solid. Also there is a plug in for the Xbox Live headset right in the front! Only problem is the stick had two dead buttons and when I tried to wrap the cord back into place, the bottom casing that houses the cord literally fell into the main circuit board. It fell right off the screws! I'm hoping this is just an isolated incident and doesn't speak on the craftmanship of these controllers in general.

I'm off to go return this defective stick for a new one. Crossing my fingers for the next purchase cause if it's even remotely shoddy I'm getting a full refund and sticking with one of the simple 6 button pads. Anniversary releases tommorrow.

Street Fighter Aniversary....ACQUIRED.

I booted up and played a few rounds of Third Strike. It's so wonderful. Made me want to pull out my Dreamcast and relive those days of yore. The new arcade stick works freaking perfectly with the game (as it should since it's MEANT to work with it). I have some more exploring to do with the older version of the game but I was also suprised to see this package includes the Street Fighter animated film! Too bad it's dubbed. (UGH)