LCVG

Wow I cant believe I won..

I got home today and opened up what seemed to be a pretty heavy little box. It turns out to be a 6 pack of xbox live games. It came with a sheet of paper that said,

?Congratulations!

As the official judging organization for THE XBOX LIVE: SIX PACK OF GAMES SWEEPSTAKES, we are pleased to enclose your prize:

A "Six Pack" package of Xbox games containing the following six (6) new-release games:

Top Spin, Links, Amped 2, Project Gotham Racing 2, NBA Inside Drive 2004, NHL Rivals.

Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize=$299.50.

Thank you for your participation in THE XBOX LIVE: SIX PACK OF GAMES SWEEPSTAKES, sponsored by Microsoft.

Sincerely,

MARDEN-KANE, INC. OFFICIAL JUDGING ORGANIZATION?

Well thank you very much, Microsoft and Marden-Kane.... :tu:

I really am happy that I won but I got to say I am just not sure where and when I entered to win this great gift. Especially since I enter many of these things but never seem to win.

This kind of reminds me of the time I won a hat from the Playstation Gamer Advisory Panel, and had no idea why I had received it, but I was not and am not about to send either of them back. :twisted:

Being that I own most of these titles I think I might just sell them to my cousin of possibly list them on ebay. Unless of course some of you might be interested?

Nice!

Best thing I ever won was a couple of hundred bucks that funded my first PSOne purchase a couple years back. Close second would be a free copy of Sierra's Ground Control, which I beta-tested, though I never even plugged the CD in (in fairness it arrived after the test had ended :P).

This was something they were doing on Live during the first half of March - from the first to the fifteenth, each day you logged onto Live counted as a lottery ticket.

I was on every day, and won nowt. Damn, I quite fancy getting Amped 2, as well.

Congrats howie. Nice to see somoene from lcvg won. The only big thing i ever won was my Tivo. there was a contest on there web site when it first came out. I entered and then a week later UPS dropped off a box. I had no idea what it was as i hadnt ordered anything. Was a TIVO and its one of my fav things i now own

capt

Unless of course some of you might be interested?

Since you came about these for nothing, it only makes sense to give them away to your favourite LCVGers! I'll send you my mailing address tonight. :green:

Naw, I've never won much of anything...ever. Congrats Howie! Very cool! :tu:

I won a PS2 for writing ( what was in their opinion ) the best review for SOCOM: US Navy Seals for E-Seals website back when the game was THE GAME TO PLAY.

And to top it off, when they sent it to me, they sent a network adaptor by mistake, and I was supposed to get a T-Shirt that would have looked pretty nifty hanging in my closet, but I managed to talk them into a SOCOM hat instead. 8)

I never got to see the other reviews that were entered, so I don't know if mine was the best or not, but I think it was pretty good. :tu: It's still at the website I posted it at, and it still gets about 5-10 hits a day.

It's pretty much the only thing I have ever won, and I was/am proud of it. The time we spent playing SOCOM was some of the best video gaming times I have ever had. And the people we played with are what made it so great. And you all know who you are. ;)

Guest Bryan

Congrats Howie!

Dave, here's a clue:

If you are the 50,000,000th visitor to the same site more than once, chances are you will grow old waiting for your prize package to be delivered.

Okay, I've got you all beat.

When I was 14 years old (16 years ago), I won two Porsche 944's, $25,000 cash, and a trip to Scotland to see Heart in concert from KIIS-FM here in Los Angeles.

It all started when I called in on Thanksgiving morning to be the 102nd caller and won $100 and an invite to the Palace in Hollywood to compete for the grand prize.

Being 14 years old, I had to have my dad take me there (it was a bar/club). They were having a free concert by the group Squeeze that night and there were about 3,000 people there. I was the 90th contestant out of 106 that showed up. They had both cars parked on stage, the host unlocked one with a key, then locked it again and threw the key into a glass box full of identical looking keys. One at a time we each went up on stage, grabbed a key, and tried it in the door. 89 people went before me, all unsuccessful, then it was my turn... I was crazy nervous and thought I was going to faint on the stage in the lights. Well, I tried my key, and holy cow! it worked, the door opened and everyone went crazy, the lights started flashing, music started playing... it was insane and to tell you the truth I don't remember a whole lot of detail about it now. I do remember the host telling me that I had just won two Porsche's and $25,000 and what was I going to buy first... being 14 years old and totally into freestyle biking, I answered honestly that "I'm going to buy a bike!", which earned me a huge groan from the twenty-somethings in the audience. :D

Long story, short, I ended up taking a cash substitute for the cars which was $24,000 each, so I ended up with $73,000 cash and the trip, then I paid $17,000 fed tax and about $7,000 state (one Porsche worth give or take).

That is indeed amazing. I've never won anything. Except that one prize at the dental office when I was 10. But the clerk had lost my jacket on one visit and felt terrible about it, so I think that was the reason I won.

Anyway, if you ever wished you chose the 944, they could be had now for dirt cheap.

Only thing I ever remember winning was karaoke contests. And I had to EARN that money.

One time a friend and I actually dressed up as the Blues Brothers and did "Soul Man" during a Halloween Karaoke contest. FIRST PRIZE!!!!!

Someone videotaped it but I haven't seen her in years... if she ever blackmails me with it on the net I'll let you know.

I don't really have anything left to show for the winnings now, but we certainly did lots of memorable things with the money. The trip to Scotland was for two, so my mom went with me, but I also paid for my best friend to go and for her best friend to go. The following year, I paid for a trip to Peru with my dad, we stayed out in the jungle at a missionary compound where some family friends lived, that was amazing! I tithed 10% to my church, lent $10k to my aunt, bought my dad a "new" (to him, it was really used) truck and put away another $10k for later, which I ended up spending as a downpayment on a vehicle shortly after I got married.