LCVG

Post Your Gaming PC

New monitor coming today, BenQ XL2420TE, hoping it will be a nice upgrade over my 6 yr old Samsung 226cw.

My PC is about to hit 5 years old, I will be upgrading in the next 12-15 months, currently running a Q9550, 4 GB RAM, with an AMD 5850 and its showing its age. Haswell, Ivy Bridge-E, Broadwell, and Haswell-E are all considerations at this point, still trying to decide which way to go, the upcoming GPU releases may sway me sooner rather then later.

I'm curious to see the performance impacts going from 1680x1050 to 1920x1080.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems so minor / trivial, but this has been the most cost effective upgrade I've done in years - a custom printed oversized mouse pad. Effectively acts as a cushion for my arms + hands, and it just

Love this!    

Well, Ryzen 9 3900x is installed, and my goodness the difference is huge with Flight Simulator 2020. I’ve gone from having to give everything a minute or so to settle after loading in with a mix of Lo

Posted Images

My next upgrade really needs to be a new monitor... I have an ancient old monitor with a max res of 1440x900.  (At least I can always crank up the graphics settings without fear)

Its got horrible black levels, so I need to crank up both the monitors brightness and most games brightness to see anything in darker levels.

• 2 months later...

Battlefield is pushing my PC pretty hard, I'm not ready for a full rebuild, but I am thinking about adding memory and a new gfx card to get me through the next year, thoughts?

Currently Running

CPU - Intel Q9550 Quad Core 2.83ghz

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-P45 DS3L

Memory - 4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800, thinking about 8GB 1066

Gfx - Radeon HD5850, thinking GTX 760

Battlefield is pushing my PC pretty hard, I'm not ready for a full rebuild, but I am thinking about adding memory and a new gfx card to get me through the next year, thoughts?

Currently Running

CPU - Intel Q9550 Quad Core 2.83ghz

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-P45 DS3L

Memory - 4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800, thinking about 8GB 1066

Gfx - Radeon HD5850, thinking GTX 760

What resolution are you running at and what kind of FPS are you hoping for? A 760 will help, but your CPU will still hold you back.

1920x1080, I'll need to see what I am hitting now, running on low settings, what's a good program to check fps?

When you are in BF4, bring up the console and type perfoverlay.drawfps 1

To bring up the console press the ~ key. Or you can download Fraps.

Went ahead and built a new PC, 5 years was a good run for the last one as a primary.

Updated:

Cooler Master HAF 912

i7-4770K

Gigabyte GA-787X-UD4H

Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 4x4GB

Geforce GTX 770 EVGA 02G-P4-2774-KR x2

Corsair AX860i PSU

Samsung Evo 250 SSD

Western Digital Blue 1TB

LG Blu Ray - UH12NS30

Windows 8.1 Pro

Cooler Master 212 Evo

Nice build, I just put together a i7-4770k system, but I'm using 2 GTX 760's. I'm getting a steady 60 fps in

BF4 with everything set to ultra, 110% scaling and v-sync enabled. I used a Cooler Master Hyper N520 for

cooling.

I thought about 2x760s, not sure I want to get into SLI though

I thought about 2x760s, not sure I want to get into SLI though

I've been running it for a weeks with no problems. Can't beat almost Titan performance at half the price :)

Not bad price depending on the performance

Does anyone use a dedicated sound card anymore?

I'm using one only because I wanted a separate volume control because my head phones that I use didn't have a volume control.

You should be able to run 2- 770's on your 700W PSU, but would limit your expansion later on. Also, if you were planning on overclocking I'd go ahead and bump it up to an 850W if you go SLI. As for issues with SLI the only ones you'd likely run into is with older and some newer games that don't have an SLI profile. All it takes is turning one of the cards off in the nVidia control panel though.

I am returning the H60 cooler, the screw holes on the radiator stripped during install and it wouldn't hold in place, disappointing

The good news is in addition to Batman, AC IV, and Splinter Cell Blacklist the store gave me codes for Metro Last Light, Bioshock Infinite, and Crysis 3.

Stage one of my upgrade ordered: i5 4670k, 16GB of 1600MHz Kingston and a Gigabyte Z87-HD3. I'll be making decisions on the rest of a rebuild in a week or so, but right now I don't think I'm doing the GPU until we have more detail on what's needed for Steam streaming sources - the plan is to eventually end up with enough old kit to have a living room games box that can I can steam the beefy games to and run what I already can directly.