7 SONIC ADVENTURE DX | 287,916 | NGC |

6 SONIC HEROES | 334,120 | NGC |

5 SUPER MONKEY BALL 2 | 338,063 | NGC |

4 SONIC MEGA COLLECTION | 383,764 | NGC |

3 SUPER MONKEY BALL | 463,004 | NGC |

2 VIRTUA FIGHTER 4 | 619,384 | PS2 |

1 SONIC ADVENTURE 2 BATTLE | 866,588 | NGC |

----------------------------+---------+--------+

-So would it be an understatement to say that the Gamecube and Sonic is where its at for Sega?

-Nightshade.....UGH. The game is actually a pretty good follow-up to Shinobi. Apparently everyone was waiting on Ninja Gaiden. Was it just the timing of release here or did Sega make a mistake no putting the name Shinobi on it?

-Sonic Heroes was all but ignored on the Xbox which doesn't suprise me. However it is suprising to see the PS2 version sell so little (though considering the quality of the port I shouldn't be).

-Anyone think the world needs a new pressing of Rez? With the word of mouth/cult following the game has now would a small release with a tiny bit of marketing be a wasted effort?

-Skies of Arcadia gets no love :( .

Skies of Arcadia gets no love

This is the one that really chokes me up, since I happen to personally think it's more enjoyable than any of the Playstation Final Fantasies.

I suppose once I secure that BG&E sequel I'll start working on this one :).

I wonder what we can extrapolate from those numbers re: Sega's upcoming E3 "megaton" announcement. From what I've read, they're supposedly going back into the hardware business partered with one of the three and providing exclusive that-platform-only titles. I guess arguments could be made for all three: Sony has the biggest built-in base, but clearly didn't sell appropriately, and those are some odd/old titles, Microsoft sold barely anything for Sega (do those numbers include the pack-in games?), but have been willing to pay big bucks to have exclusive titles, Nintendo sold gangbusters, but is considered the red-headed stepchild these days. My bet's on Nintendo. Those are some impressive numbers. For some of the low-selling titles, I'd gladly pick them up if they weren't still full price. I wish more companies were like Ubisoft and willing to slash prices earlier, when a game is clearly selling below expectations.

From what I've read, they're supposedly going back into the hardware business partered with one of the three and providing exclusive that-platform-only titles.

Thats pure speculation right now. I remember seeing a terribly faked photoshopped picture making the rounds showcasing the packaging for Sega's "new" hardware. Just alot of rampant rumors with little foundation. As with most major announcements they are blown so out of proportion that when the real thing hits people are always left disappointed...

From what I've read, they're supposedly going back into the hardware business partered with one of the three and providing exclusive that-platform-only titles.

I'll believe it when I see it. I think this announcement is getting blown upto "MEGATON" size & will be as big a disappointment.

The Gamecube numbers are impressive simply because so few AAA titles have been released in the time period of these Sega games. It's a great platform for an established developer like Sega to exploit...I just wish Sonic Heroes was more fun.

There's only 20,000 copies of Rez out there? Damn! Now I'm really glad I managed to find one!

I also find it very interesting that the best selling game on the Xbox is Panzer Dragoon Orta. It's a great game and everything, but I would have thought that some of the other games on that list would have sold more copies. Go figure.

I'll believe it when I see it. I think this announcement is getting blown upto "MEGATON" size & will be as big a disappointment

I'm with you there. While I am hoping that there will be some good news to come out of this,you have to wonder just how bad the hype machine is running...