LCVG

Madden 2005 - XBox Live. Is it for you?

Calvin

Will you buy Madden 2005 for the Xbox since it will be online?  

1. 1. Will you buy Madden 2005 for the Xbox since it will be online?

• Yes - I've been waiting for this for a long time.
    • Yes - but not because it will be on XBL
    • No - I'll stick with the PS2 version
    • No - Gimme Sega's ESPN football!
    • No - I'd rather play FIFA :)

I'm just wondering how many people will switch. I'm hoping that many people will stay with the Sega series,though. I'm not a Madden fan. I hate the overall presentation & the way it plays,while Sega's 2K series just keeps getting better & better.

ESPN NFL Football 2K5 will be on my shelf come this fall.

If I buy Football this year (Unlikely though), I'd stick with ESPN. I thought it blew Madden out of the water in many aspects this passed year. I'm not much of a football guy though so some of the nuances of the game are probably lost on me.

Hockey on the other hand.... ESPN is heads and shoulders above EA.

Here's one more reason I'll be staying with ESPN Football,...

"Microsoft and EA, however, mentioned the possibility of EA experimenting with addition charges on Xbox Live. EA's Chip Lang explained. "This is all new for us, so there will be a learning process. We will experiment with different strategies for charging, starting this fall in these EA games. NCAA and Madden will have some sort of charge fee, but honestly, we're going to see how people react, and what works and what doesn't. Maybe gamers can download exclusive skins or extra characters or special things they couldn't get in the game proper -- dedicated and exclusive content. We'll see."

Quote Source:: IGN EA Q&A article

Not a big shock, you just knew EA was going to have to have some way to get money off Live before they went forwards with it.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess, but I'm not a big enough sports freak (though I do love multiplayer hockey) to pay extra for that sort of thing. Some people will though. Problem is it's already on top of the Live fees, which will make it a bit harder to swallow I wager.

-FIFA? FIFA?!?!?!? You bloody Heathens!

Look at the British lobbying for soccer,...errrr,... football. Sorry, wrong kind of football! ;)

Actually, as much as I can't bear to follow soccer, (I'd rather stick a rusty needle in through my eyeball :shock: ) soccer video games are great fun! How does that make sense? I would love to play FIFA online. :tu: