LCVG

Splinter Cell 3 Announced

JoeyN

Here is the press release about Splinter Cell 3 for all those intrested . Its from ubisoft.com

About Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell? 3

The year is 2008. Information Warfare has evolved into the most dangerous threat to global stability. You are Sam Fisher, Third Echelon's most skilled Splinter Cell? operative. You are assigned to execute a hazardous series of operations to investigate and eliminate a new source of information attacks, originating in North Korea. To succeed, you will employ a host of unconventional counterintelligence activities to gather intel, disrupt enemy operations and neutralize adversary targets. As Information Warfare evolves, so must the Splinter Cell?. You must penetrate deeper into hostile territory and operate undetected, closer to the enemy than ever before. At your disposal is a lethal array of tactics ranging from Combat Knife techniques, experimental prototype weapons skills, and more radical hand-to-hand techniques such as the Inverted Chokehold. Experience the thrill of acting as a lone operative fighting tomorrow's threats in the field, and of cooperating online with a partner to accomplish crucial missions. Die in action, and the free world dies with you.

KEY GAMEPLAY FEATURES

* DEADLY AGILITY: Incredibly complete and fluid variety of moves including athletic and stealth moves, as well as stealth kills

* AS GOOD AS REAL: Never-before-seen graphics technology offers the best visuals ever to appear on any platform. Advanced physics engine allows rag doll physics, particle effects and perfect interaction with the environment

* REAL WEAPONS OF TOMORROW: The most complete arsenal of weapons and gadgets, from the combat knife to experimental prototype combat systems

* AMAZING REPLAYABILITY: Totally open level design with multipaths and optional secondary objectives

* ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Intelligent all-new A.I. with personal attributes, natural behavior where non-playable-characters are aware of their environment and remember past events

* CO-OP STEALTH: Play multiplayer with a friend and coordinate your infiltration in an all new multiplayer challenge

* THRILLING SCENARIO: Gut-wrenching in-game sequences. Gripping plot with multiple twists and turns

Already? Geez wtf. So does this mean SC:PT is not going to get the support it so desperately needs (ie: patch and new maps?). That'd really suck. I really hope they take their time with a sequal and that the multiplayer is vastly improved over SC:PT in terms of overall balance and NO FRIGGIN ANOYING BUGS. They better beta test the hell out of SC3.

IGN has posted a bunch of Splinter Cell 3 videos for Insiders.. Here are descriptions of them all

1)Just shows sam doing his normal sneaking around

2)The second one takes place during a storm and i must say looks sweet

3) The 3rd one shows off a new option when opening doors. Sam can slam a door open and knock a guy out on the other side. Its called Bash Door

4)The 4th shows another open door option. You can now open a door very slowly in a stealth like manner(Open Door Stealthy). It also shows another sweet option. The ability to cut material to walk through

5)This was my favorite of them all. Sam is on top of a lighthouse during that storm level. He sees a guy on the other side, so he hangs down and moves around towards the other guy. I thought maybe they added a option for sam just to take the feet out from under him. No they did even better. Sam pops up , grabs the guy by the head and flips him over the railing. you see the guy falling off the top of the lighthouse. Looks excellent

Yep, the game is looking sweet. Some neat new moves; I also saw that he can throw bodies over ledges instead of just dropping them. (this was different than the over-the-railing move) Also, in one clip, he broke through some material with his hands & grabbed a guy on the other side of it. The graphics are really looking slick on the PC...the animation is even better than before & Sam's face & hair (individual strands of hair can be seen) had a new level of detail. The wet rocks & pavement in the rainy outdoor level looked awesome.

I think their timing is poor on this though, considering the previous game isn't even out yet on the PS2 & Cube.

Just because they showed the game now dosnt mean its coming out soon. I wouldnt expect it to probably december/jan at the earliest Maybe it will come out for xbox first again so the release for ps2 and gc are spaced out again

capt

Maybe, but PS2 & Xbox versions are listed as a 2004 release on the UbiSoft website (no mention of a Gamecube version) & the game seems pretty far along, too. (personally I hope it comes out in 2005, a little space in between the games is much easier on the wallet)

Just noticed another small improvement in one of the video clips; the ability to switch perspective to either over your left or right shoulder when aiming with the gun. That makes it much easier to look around corners with the gun now...good idea.