Forza Motorsport Discussion

JoeyN

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by FreakTornado@May 11 2004, 10:21 AM

From the GameSport article Joey linked to:

You'll find over 16 track environments that mix real life locales such as Germany's Nurburgring Nordschleife

A sim racer on the Nurburgring...

icon12.gif

You guys saw that Sony stated that the ring was in GT4 right?

Originally posted by iCamp@May 13 2004, 07:00 PM

Guys,

Does "Forza" mean anything in the racing world? -or is it just a made up word? (sorry for the stupid question)

Well, in Italian is means "Strong" or "Power" - not sure if there is any racing specific reference.

Originally posted by Robot Monkey@May 13 2004, 09:05 PM

Good find, Dan! In case anyone missed it -- they have SEXY SCREENS over there:

http://www.gaming-age.com/event/2004/e3/11-9

-j

Ok, I'm positive some pee came out that time :shock:

The entire inside of the vehicle is viewable from the dash, to the driver, to the driver's hand shifting the manual stick on each gear.

And there's a little more :Rock:

You've seen the shots of the setup they're demoing it on at E3, haven't you? 3 seperate 16x9 plasmas next to each other, showing front, left and right views - you can run secondary cameras via SystemLink. As long as you've got 3 TVs, 3 XBoxes and 3 copies of the game, that is...

Are you serious? That's weird, because I was thinking about this just yesterday -- I was wondering how a console could give multiple monitors in order to restore the peripheral vision I want in racing games. Sound interesting.

As for the in-dash view -- is the inside of the glove box modeled on any of these cars?

-j (;))

All these racing games for the box is just getting me madder that there is no quality force feedback wheel available. I know there are the crap Madcatz wheels but nothing with FF.

I do not like to race using the controller. Period. My old man hands just can't finesse a controller plus there is a much greater sense of realism when you drift a turn using the wheel, heal/toe, feathering a throttle, etc.

I love racing games though.

Oh well.

Edit: What is that wheel in that E3 pic? Doesn't look familiar except as a PC wheel.