LCVG

Conker Live and Reloaded Discussion Thread

Camp

Link to press release: http://www.xbox.com/en-us/e32004/pressrele...s-leads-way.htm

Quote from press release (I assume pasting portions of a press release is OK?):

Conker: Live and Reloaded (Microsoft Game Studios, Rare). Gaming?s notoriously naughty squirrel, Conker, lands on Xbox with a bang in an all-new Xbox Live-enabled team-based shooter. Also included is the critically acclaimed single-player game Conker?s Bad Fur Day?, completely re-created for Xbox with stunning graphics and unparalleled attitude. (Xbox, March 2005, rating pending)

The video looked good though.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by iCamp@May 10 2004, 11:08 PM

Quote from press release (I assume pasting portions of a press release is OK?):

Actually, it is all right to post an entire press release, since it is intended for general distribution anyway.

Here's a direct link to the trailer for those of you interested.

It's nice to see that I can still laugh at squirels blowing each other up.

There's a new hands-on report over at IGN for those of you interested. Here's a snippet of what they had to say:

Ken Lobb wasn't joking -- Conker single-player is one of the most impressive visual feats in gaming. It is the best-looking Xbox game to date. It looks un-f'ing-real. In fact, it looks so damn good, I may never be able to blink again. Every single hair on Conker can be counted, every one moves. In fact, everything in the environment moves, with grass and plants swaying and real-time spherical harmonic lighting creating perhaps the most realistic shadows I've ever seen. Conker looks like he has true weight and substance, but still the same raucous attitude.

The graphical beauty does not end there. You can see pollen from dandelions blowing pasts in the breeze, the textures -- a strong point in the original -- look top-notch on Xbox. The game runs at a solid 30 frames in single and multiplayer, which is where Rare wants to lock it down. Don't freak, it looks fantastic at 30 frames a second. The animations have been adjusted so that things like swinging with Conker's trusty pan doesn't rotate his entire body. While the single-player may be nearly identical to the original, it seems completely new thanks to the outstanding visuals.

The full article and some new movies and screenshots can be found here.

This shot in particular, I find most amazing. Can they really do fur like that on the Xbox? :shock:

Originally posted by J.Fo@May 13 2004, 06:09 AM

All right, one more update before I go to bed. (God, I'm tired.)

Rare has a new high resolution trailer on their website for those of you interested. The first half features extensive footage of the multiplayer mode, while the second half highlights the remake of Bad Fur Day.

http://www.rareware.com/games/upcoming/con...r_e32k4_lrg.wmv

Enjoy!

Oh *&$#berries !!!

I was hoping to see this before 2005. Damnit. And I can't even see the trailer on our Mac. :cry:

I now have motivation to play the original Conker: Bad Fur Day since it will be packaged with the sequal and use the new game engine. Thats too cool. Always wanted to play that game but never got around to it. Diggin the Conker: Live and Reloaded E3 vids posted on ign.com. Graphics are amazing.

it will be packaged with the sequal and use the new game engine. Thats too cool.

Awesome! I wanted to play the first also, so this is great news. It'll be interesting to see how the two versions compare as well. I love when they pack in older versions of games with newer ones. :D

• 1 month later...

There's a single player movie of Conker up at Team Xbox.

Damn, the updated graphics look NICE.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6215/Conker-...Fur-Day-Footage

They also have some new multiplayer footage up:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6217/Conker-...iplayer-Footage

The multiplayer stuff looks pretty awesome and fast paced. Looks like a bunch of cool weapons and vehicles too.

• 1 month later...

You know, I was wondering if they would keep that in the game. I always got a kick when Conker would whip out at GameBoy in the middle of the original game and just start playing. I figured they wouldn't want it in the remake since it is being published my MS and all. It's cool to see it in there though.

Speaking of which, doesn't Rare still make some games for the GBA? I recall a Banjo-Kazooie game from them not too long ago that came out after Rare was purchased by MS.

Rare Delay Game Shocker!

Film at 11.

Yep, Rare are still doing GBA games, and apparently working on at least one DS title as well. It suits MS to let them, as (a) the titles were well on their way even before the takeover, so they might as well actually sell them for a profit as can the things, and (B) MS don't have a direct competitor in the handheld game market. Sony do, however, and anything that dimishes Sony's hopes with the PSP has to be good for MS's chances on the home market as well.

• 1 month later...

Playable demo coming with the December issue of Official XBox Magazine.

To help get the word out about the ill-tempered squirrel, Microsoft and developer Rare are releasing a ten-minute single-player demo of Conker: Live & Reloaded for the holidays. Available both in the holiday issue of the Official Xbox Magazine (shipping in late November) and as a free handout at EB and GameStop in January, the Live & Reloaded demo shows off a level about two-thirds into the single-player campaign as Conker awakens on a transport boat, headed straight into a parody of Saving Private Ryan.

See this page over at IGN for the full article about the demo.

conker-live-and-reloaded-20041005053211755-000.jpg

Amusing nod to Edge magazine and Halo there.

Dan

Yep, Rare are still doing GBA games, and apparently working on at least one DS title as well. It suits MS to let them, as (a) the titles were well on their way even before the takeover, so they might as well actually sell them for a profit as can the things, and (B) MS don't have a direct competitor in the handheld game market.

It makes a lot of sense, keep releasing good GBA games of your franchises and some of those Nintendo kids just might get an Xbox when they get older.