LCVG

TMNT 2 is coming with 4 player mode

JoeyN

No matter what the new game is like, the unlockable TMNT will sell this one.

A step closer to my arcade Konami pack dream (that would be a licensing nightmare, but I don't care :P), to be sure. Wonder if it'll be the original or Turtles in Time.

I briefly considered buying the first one, but after seeing it played at a local Wal-Mart and hearing a constant, repetitious barage of "Slice and dice!!! Slice and dice!!!" I decided it wouldn't be worth the time and money.

Add four player support and some more variety to the sounds and I'd be happy to add it to my collection.

I hope the unlockable is the original (at least I think original) 4-player coin-op game. That game was incredible fun (and one hell of a quarter-eater!).

I played a demo of the current TMNT game, but was quite disappointed at the variety (or lack of) sound effects.

Hmm, there was a bit of a snippet up... ugh... someplace... sorry, brain fart. Anyway, sure I read it somewhere, but take it with a grain of salt all the same, yes? Supposedly this will have multiple old titles in it, or at least the reference was given to the inclusion of 8-bit and 16-bit titles.

This could mean the inclusion of the original 8-bit Turtles title and its insano-difficulty or the Manhattan Project side-scroller that came out after the 8-bit version of the arcade game that was patterned after the arcade beat 'em up style.

Personally give me the original Arcade game and Turtles In Time :tu:.

• 4 weeks later...

Some extremely SWEET news if this ends up being true! What am I talking about you're no doubt asking? Well, TeamXbox has a new preview of the new game with new screenies and information. Whats the best part you might ask? Well here it is:

With the added bonus of the unlockable versions of the original arcade classics included TMNT 2 looks to be a major glimmer in the eye of any Turtles fan. We will have our eyes on the Turtles in the upcoming months, so be watchful for more media and hands-on impressions.

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox/774/Teen...ja-Turtles-2/p1

I'll buy the game for that alone. :tu:

Only if they would add online 4 player co-op. How sweet it would be

Nice idea, but can you imagine the arguments over Live about who is the best Ninja Turtle and who gets to play as who? Such discussions would result in playground brawls way back when I was in school when the Turtles first surfaced way back when.... Over Live it could lead to vicious verbal exchanges between friends! :green:

Daniel