LCVG

ESPN 2K5 Thread

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Union Carbine@Jun 7 2004, 10:14 PM

It looks great. However, Madden is upping the ante by promisiing innovations on the defensive side of the ball like being able to call hot coverages, blitzes, and double-teams from the line-of-scrimmage. Is Sega going to have similar features?

By innovations, do they mean.....eliminating tons of money plays. ;)

-Dean-

RingWraith,

According to EA, this year's Madden will allow you to call a blitz, double-team, zone, and man-to-man coverage, on any defender from the line, ie. from the line, call your free safety in on a blitz and have the strong safety switch to zone coverage.

It sounds very cool and has been something I've pined after for years. Now, whether this becomes a reality or not is a different question. However, is Sega offering any similar defensive capabilities?

For some reason I thought I read about the ability to call more defensive audibles for individuals....It has been awhile since I read the previews....I'll have to look into it and get back to you...I don't know if what they are wanting to do is as in depth as Madden though.

-Dean-

The VIP concept is very cool. I'm almost more excited to see that coaches will, hopefully, behave much more like their real-world counterparts than anything else.

Somewhat off topic: I wonder when the sports games will start using rag-doll type physics in lieu of canned animations. It would be awesome to see players react in real-time from hits and tackle attempts.

It looks like both Gamestop and EB are claiming the game will ship at a $19.99 price point! That's right!!!

There was a press release a few days ago stating that the game would come "value priced", but never in a million years did I dream that the game would hit at $19.99.

Check out the following links for information!

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/522/522388p1.html

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243255.asp

I already ordered mine for in-store pickup on release day! Look out Madden :)