LCVG

The Incredibles!

Graeme

Pixar+Brad Bird=Great film.

Geez, don't even get me started on this. The fact that it's a new Pixar film is enough to get me excited. Throw in the fact that it's being written and directed by the same guy who made The Iron Giant and you have enough to cause orgasmic levels of excitement. Needless to say, this is perhaps my most highly anticipated movie of the year. Damn you, November, for being so far away!

• 5 months later...

So, who else has seen this? I went with some friends tonight and loved it. You know how sometimes you watch a movie and think to yourself, "Boy, I would have done that different"? I can honestly say that there's not a moment from this movie that I would want to see changed. It's that good. It appears as though the formula of Pixar=Brad Bird=Great film was proven this weekend. I hope it makes all the money at the box office The Iron Giant never did.

Originally posted by J.Fo@Nov 7 2004, 05:50 AM

I hope it makes all the money at the box office The Iron Giant never did.

I'm going to try and see this on Tuesday.

You know, I've never seen the Iron Giant but I've also heard wonderful things about it. It will most definitely be a blind purchase on 11/16.

I saw it last night as well. My anticipation had started to reach fever pitch after hearing the great reviews and interviews for the movie on NPR all last week. I wasn't let down one bit. There were six of us, and not one person was disappointed. I also Loved the whole '60's style to the movie, especially in the design and music. And the end titles were great!

On a side note, now that we're finally going to get the Iron Giant special edition, I hope they release the Family Dog on DVD sometime soon.

Originally posted by heavy liquid@Nov 7 2004, 09:59 AM

On a side note, now that we're finally going to get the Iron Giant special edition, I hope they release the Family Dog on DVD sometime soon.

I think Family Dog is going to be released next year as part of the Amazing Stories set.

Loved the movie. I definitely want to see it at least one more time before it leaves theaters, and the dvd can't get here soon enough :)

Second-best movie I saw in theatres this year, just below Eternal Sunshine.

Incredible, literally. Best super-hero movie I've seen, best Pixar movie I've seen. The things they can do with animation now are fantastic, and it's just adult enough without being too grim. I'm seriously contemplating that Iron Giant release later in the month now. :tu: