LCVG

Rallisport 2 Tourney

rustyjaw

What type of tournament event would you like?  

1. 1. What type of tournament event would you like?

• Rally
    • Rally Cross
    • Ice Racing
    • Hillclimb
    • Crossover
    • Downhill

So I'm thinking of staring an LCVG Rallisport 2 tourney, but in order to get the maximum number of participants I thought I'd ask what events and style of tournament people would like to do.

The poll choices cover the different events available. But for any event we can also choose whether to do a team-based event, or solo.

I'm interested in trying a team event, but I'm not yet sure if it will mean we need to schedule time to race together or it will let us race whenever we have time (the former can be more fun, but the latter is more flexible). Post a response as to whether you want to try teams or solo.

What do you guys (and gals?) think?

EDIT: I moved this to polls because there are no polls allowed in other forums

Rally is what I'm leaning toward as well. But unlike the way it is in career mode, I'd rather go through a single country. I believe there are a total of 12 stages per country. But it looks like we can only to do one stage per round, which could take a while depending on how many days we allow per round.

So maybe we should take a subset of the stages, like maybe 4 or 6 stages, and allow 4 days to complete each stage. That would mean 16-24 days for the whole tourney depending on how many stages we wanted to run.

I'm going through the competition creation process, and I'm stumped on the teams thing. I can create one team, but only one, and I'm automatically a member of the team I create. I can invite players to be part of my team (there are 4 players per team, which means we will need 8 people total).

But in order for this to work, we need 2 teams. I can't see anyplace where you can just go out and create a team, independent of creating a new competition.

Weird.

Originally posted by Ruffneck@May 17 2004, 10:52 AM

Mu guess is that the "Team" aspect of RSC2 is like the "Pack" idea of Amped 2. Just a group of people settig best times against other teams on XSN.

So, we would be the LCVG team, and compete against other such teams, right? Unfortunately they limit a team to 4 players.

I still don't see how you can create a team outside of creating a competition. There's an option when creating a team competition to create a new team, and you can even make it a private team (I was thinking of creating an Orange and a Black team for the LCVG colors).

EDIT: I moved this to polls because there are no polls allowed in other forums

Originally posted by Vipor@May 17 2004, 04:49 PM

I was thinking of creating an Orange and a Black team for the LCVG colors).

Must be a Flyers fan :tu:

I voted Rally. I also think crossover would be fun!

I think we should do a crossover competition as well, maybe after this one or even overlapping with this one near it's finish.