LCVG

LCVG Rally 1

rustyjaw

I have created a new XSN event for RalliSport Challenge 2. Here are the details:

LCVG Rally 1

Password: 97446299

Start Date: May 24th

Type: Rally

Stages: SS9, SS10, SS11, SS12

Car Class: All

Duration: 5 days per round (20 days total)

I've sent out invites to many people already, if you want in post here. There are 16 slots available and roughly 7 open (if everyone I invited joins).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He posted in the other thread (poll) that he wanted in, so go for it!

The cool thing is that if some of us want to get one and race this at the same time, we can, just like the hillclimb. But unlike the hillclimb it shouldn't interfere as much with getting a good time, in fact the competition might help.

I might be in if Chris (Ruffneck) is in. He's about as bad as me.

Oh, I'm in! I didn't even know we were playing RSC2 the other night Jay. I thought we were playing Tetris. I was trying to figure out how to rotate my piece, and then realized it was a gas pedal!

I've signed up, thanks Ed. Say, is there a way to change collision to ghost instead of solid for XSN tournaments? That may be something to keep in mind for next time. That way if someone else does jump into a race, collisions do not affect the outcome.

Originally posted by Failsafe@May 17 2004, 06:57 PM

I've signed up, thanks Ed. Say, is there a way to change collision to ghost instead of solid for XSN tournaments? That may be something to keep in mind for next time. That way if someone else does jump into a race, collisions do not affect the outcome.

Since it's still a week away, I could dissolve it and create a new one with ghosts on. It looks like they won't let you edit the settings once it's created.

What do you mean, BTW, that it will not affect the outcome? Do the results of a race run with ghosts (aka more than 4 cars) not count?

Sorry, I should have been clearer...

What I meant was simply that with collisions on solid, if two to four people are racing, collisions happen 99% of the time off the start and usually result in at least 1 or 2 people's car going all over the place - with no collisions enabled, this is not an issue.

In a regular race it's really not a problem (it's just for fun anyway), but when you're trying to post a better time in XSN, one collision can cripple you.

Originally posted by Failsafe@May 17 2004, 10:09 PM

What I meant was simply that with collisions on solid, if two to four people are racing, collisions happen 99% of the time off the start and usually result in at least 1 or 2 people's car going all over the place - with no collisions enabled, this is not an issue.

This shows your ignorance. I go all over the road in RSC2 with or without collisions turned on. Perhaps I have a buggy copy. ;)

-j

Originally posted by Vipor@May 17 2004, 08:54 PM

whatever it takes to get rid of those wireframe cars. they take my eyes away from the road. and I have enough trouble as it is.

It would be nice if there was an option to just not see the wireframes at all, then you just go by the split times...I agree that they are distracting.

Originally posted by ColdForged@May 18 2004, 06:52 AM

Too late for getting in? I'm game, but only if Vipor's parrot sings to me during races.

Monday is the cutoff, so you're in.

I updated my first post with the password.

I'm also interested in teams, but it's not very clear how to setup your teams. It also seems like a team must be 4 players, but Jay's idea could still work.