LCVG

SC: PT patch it out

Cyberwoo

Unfortunately the patch change list is incomplete. For example, mercs can no longer place mines high above their heads (where nobody can remove them). That's really nice for spies. I hope we get a complete change list sometime soon.

I don't think that mute/unmute trick (for when you're dead, so you can talk to your partner again) works anymore either :tu:

Other people have reported other minor changes that aren't listed, but I'm way too tired to care right now :)

My initial impressions, though, are really positive.

Unfortunately the 3v1 glitch being gone means that you and a partner can no longer go into a map together on the same side, 2v0, to practice stuff :(

I also had a few fun 3-player merc deathmatches, when we just couldn't get a 4th player. I'll miss those :?

Originally posted by Covak@May 19 2004, 12:57 PM

Unfortunately the 3v1 glitch being gone means that you and a partner can no longer go into a map together on the same side, 2v0, to practice stuff :(

I also had a few fun 3-player merc deathmatches, when we just couldn't get a 4th player. I'll miss those :?

Yeah, but I was hoping the dolts would make an option to legally go 2 on 0 for practice and not resort to a hack to do it. I mean really, if you are in an unranked situation, why do any checks at all? Oh well. So they did do away with it, Covak?

You just can't change teams at the equipment screen anymore. I guess that could be a pain in unranked revenge games (everyone would have to switch sides in the lobby to check their stuff), but I'm fine with that. Going out and playing in ranked games with random hosts is now a much less painful ordeal.

Another unlisted change: shooting a spy trap now removes it (doesn't just disable the laser for a while).

Ahhh, it's not just a spy's sticky shocker shot that makes spy traps vanish, it's anything. A merc bullet, a grenade or mine explosion. In the hospital, at least, I can see myself blowing up my own spy traps all the time if I continue to place them in the same places.

And "--The game now tests if there is an opposite wall close enough before sticking a spy trap." seems to be bull. You can still place 'em when the opposite wall is too far, and it still won't tell you until the laser tries to turn on, just like before.

Isn't there some kind of anal MS QA process for these patches? I don't see how it'd get through there without a proper change list. Would be nice if they'd share...