LCVG

PGR2 DLC Paris and 8 cars!

Bjoern Roy

Edit: Most sources seem to indicate that the content has only been 'announced' today and no date for release has been set. *sigh*

Hi folks,

just read that Paris and 8 cars are finally supposed to be released today! Anyone already downloaded it yet? Won't have a chance to try it for another few hours. Doh!

For an PGR 'addict' like me, any possible fee would be ok. 5-10 bugs would be fine, if the city has the same quality as the original ones. More than that, i would pay, but with discontent.

I hope non of the new cars are faster than the TVR, since that would pretty much stop my steady effort to unlock All-Platin (still have only half of the Platins, am only playing about an hour or 2 per week max).

Lets hear everyones impressions!

All the best

Bjoern

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this, which is probably the announcement.

About the TVR, meh! Thats exactly what i feared. This kinda takes the wind out of my All-Platin sails. sniff :(

Fee seems to be 4.99USD. Fair in my book.

"TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (DLC Verison) - Exactly the same as the retail version, only thing is you won't need all Platinums to get it. However, this model only comes in racing green so we can still tell who's beaten the game and who's downloaded their way to TVR heaven.

Ferrari 288 GTO - A fast, fast *fast* Ferrari. Absolute classic and still outperforms most sports cars these days.

BMW 645Ci - BMW's latest 6 series offering. It's big, but it's quick and has a very distinctive design.

Ferrari 365 GTS4 (Daytona) - Miami Vice. A 70's classic Ferrari. A definate for anyone who claims to know their Ferrari's.

Porsche 356A Carrera Speedster - The humble beginnings of the Boxster way back in the 50's.

Ferrari 250TR - Classic front engine Ferrari racer for the road. Another 50's offering, and amazingly quick considering it's age.

Chevrolet Corvette C6 - Brand new, straight from Chevrolet factories. Only announced 2 months ago, now available for you to drive, even before your car dealer gets to see one

BMW M3 CSL -The light-weight, lightning quick special M3. A track beast with a sensational engine and impeccable dynamics. This is one fun car.

New City

Yup, you guessed it. Paris .

From the Eiffel tower, to the Arc de Triomphe, you can now race through the streets of one of Europes oldest and incredibly beautiful cities. It's fast, it's pretty, but more importantly it's yours to hit with the fastest cars ever to hit the streets.

Release date is coming soon, this is what is holding this whole thing up. Microsoft and ourselves are working on getting a solid date today . We'll let you know ASAP. There is definately more to come, this is the first drop in the ocean of this announcement as it were."

Someone posted these pics of the cars on another forum (*Kudos* to him ;) ).

Ferrari 250 TR:

250tr.jpg

Ferrari 288 GTO:

288gto.jpg

Ferrari 365 GTB/4:

365gtb.jpg

BMW 645Ci:

645ci.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette C6:

corvette.jpg

BMW M3 CSL:

m3csl.jpg

Porsche 356A Speedster:

speedster.jpg

:tu:

Sounds fantastic; an entirely new city of tracks to race on is pretty amazing if you ask me. Some other stuff from Bizarre Creations' message boards:

Just to let you all know, the cost issue is under final discussion, I'll let you know when it is decided.

Oh, and yes we've done something about the GT names above people's heads.

We also have hopefully fixed the radio glitch for all those who had it

And the reason the Paris Radio stations are on the DVD is it would have been far to big to realistically download (it's over 100MB). These are the only files on the DVD that relate to the city, everything else you will have to download.

Have fun

Since they haven't even decided on a release date or pricing yet, I'm sure it's not going to be available immediately.

And the reason the Paris Radio stations are on the DVD is it would have been far to big to realistically download (it's over 100MB).

As are the LA radio tracks... Both of which indicate which cities were planned for DLC long before the game's release, which kind of annoys me... I'll probably still pay for it though. Grrr...

Dan,

Since they haven't even decided on a release date or pricing yet, I'm sure it's not going to be available immediately.

Hm, odd. The german press release appears to mention that the content will be available for download as of today. Hope this isn't just a misunderstanding...

Bjoern

If you?re on Xbox Live, the following content is available for you to download directly to your Xbox console:

Paris Booster Pack (05/2004, Tracks and Cars, Premium) Eight hot cars, including the Ferrari 250TR, to tear up seven all-new tracks in the City of Lights.

Note the "is available". From here.

Originally posted by Buck+May 19 2004, 04:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Buck @ May 19 2004, 04:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cyberwoo@May 19 2004, 05:30 PM

6 months later and they release DLC and charge for it. Brilliant!

I know, 8 cars and an entire city for $5 :roll: [/b]

Thats cheaper then two fish filets and fries at McDonalds.

Thats cheaper then two fish filets and fries at McDonalds.

:lmfao:

6 months later and they release DLC and charge for it. Brilliant!

Considering the complete depth of content available in the full game they could have gone with releasing no content whatsoever and still had one of the best racers on the market. Its five bucks. Don't like it, don't pay. Real simple equation.

Here's the latest info from the Xbox Forums:

What:

Today (5/19) Bizarre and Xbox Live are releasing two downloads for Project Gotham Racing 2

1) The first download is a mandatory, free* auto update for PGR2.

2) The second download is optional, premium content download called the "Paris Booster Pack." The cost will be US$4.99

Note: This is a premium download. Please check the content downloader in PGR2 for specific pricing in your country.

Complete details of each download is below.

When:

The downloads will be available on May 19 after 11pm ET/8pm PT.

You may have the download available before this time, but everyone will have access to it by the time posted above.

If you don?t see the download right away don?t panic. Don?t post that you don?t have it yet. It will show up shortly.

Where:

The downloads will be available to Xbox Live members in all countries that Xbox Live is sold.

Details on the downloads:

1) The PGR2 Autoupdate includes data for the following 8 cars, all of which can be test driven in the Showroom. The BMW M3 CSL can also be used in all on-line and some off-line games (Time Attack, Split Screen, System Link, and Showroom). This download is large and will likely take longer to download than previous autoupdates for other games.

New Cars:

? BMW M3 CSL (unlocked for use in all on-line and some off-line games)

? BMW 645Ci (available only in the Showroom)

? Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z51 (available only in the Showroom)

? Ferrari 250TR (available only in the Showroom)

? Ferrari 288 GTO (available only in the Showroom)

? Ferrari 365 GTS4 (available only in the Showroom)

? Porsche 356 A Carrera Speedster (available only in the Showroom)

? TVR Cerbera Speed 12, Xbox Live Special Edition in British Racing Green (available only in the Showroom)

2) The Paris Booster Pack is premium content and includes 7 routes in the city of Paris and keys for the remaining 7 cars from Autoupdate 1.0 for use in all on-line and some off-line games (Time Attack, Split Screen, System Link, and Showroom). This is also a large download

Paris Routes:

? Circuit Int?rieur

? Avenue D'Iena

? L'Arc de Triomphe

? Les Monuments C?l?bres

? Elys?es Challenge

? Les Deux Ponts

? Le Circuit Complet

Unlocked Cars:

? BMW 645 Ci

? Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z51

? Ferrari 250TR

? Ferrari 288 GTO

? Ferrari 365 GTS4

? Porsche 356 A Carrera Speedster

? TVR Cerbera Speed 12, Xbox Live Special Edition in British Racing Green

Thanks for using Xbox Live!

Guest Bryan

Nobody is saying that $5 is too much. The issue is the timing, first dlc is premium and at least a portion of the work was done prior to release date and put on the game disc. Not too smooth.