LCVG

Xbox Dashboard auto-update today

Originally posted by Buck@May 19 2004, 01:49 PM

Is that the one where you drive the Warthog around to the various menus?

No, you're thinking of the one that came with that first big Live update. This is the one that has pictures from E3 and mimics the computer's UI from the gate-opening sequence in the E3 demo.

-j

My dashboard graphics no longer move around anymore. They're static, like they used to be awhile back. Then, after some update, I noticed that the graphics would slowly move around.

Of course, I'm not sure if it's something to do with the fact that I got rid of my old Xbox and bought one of the Halo ones.

Anyone else notice the static background on the dashboard?

Originally posted by Derrik Draven@May 20 2004, 07:45 PM

Of course, I'm not sure if it's something to do with the fact that I got rid of my old Xbox and bought one of the Halo ones.

Anyone else notice the static background on the dashboard?

Odd. I've got one of the Halo 'boxes myself, have the dashboard update, but the background still moves for me.

I have a 4:3 Proscan, but...my graphics used to move around.

Weird. I actually liked the floaty look to the dashboard. I can't figure out what the deal is here except that maybe I missed out on the dash update because that Xbox is gone. The only update I did on this Halo one was the latest update last week, that supposedly did...nothing.

Originally posted by Ruffneck@May 21 2004, 02:19 PM

Ah. My Dash doesn't move around on my 4:3 Sony 24" TV, but on my friends Sony 16x9 RP TV, it does. It was very disconcerting to me at first. I had to go home to see if mine did that.

You can toggle it by holding down Y and pressing X.

I was just messing around when I did it. Also when you push that very same button combo while listening to music in the dash it will bring the small visualizations to full screen. Looks like shit but eliminates any chance of burn in. I use that when playing back recently ripped music.