LCVG

XBlive Premium Service $100 per year

Will you pay extra for premium services?  

1. 1. Will you pay extra for premium services?

I recently heard a rumor that Halo 2 will have some premium features. Speculation says they'd be clan-related. I doubt this will be true, at least in the near future. But it seems like a viable business model. Pay for basic online features (friends lists, quickmatch, voicemail) or pay for premium (video mail, clans, XSN-like features). Would you pay $25 extra for premium features?

$25 per game? Per month? year? One time fee? My answer changes depending on how often a fee is required, if it's per-game, it needs to be a damn good game.

EDIT: I missed the title of the thread, it gets cut off in the forum index view.

But now I'm confused as to how $25/year premiums + the current $50 = $100/year. Can you explain a little further.

Thanks Chris :)

And for the record, no, I'd never pay $25 US for extra online features, unless they were huge and massive and the game retailed for $20.

Mind, if it were clan-related, I don't bother with clan stuff so it wouldn't really be something I'd give a tinker's damn about anyway. And if it was, I still wouldn't pay that much money for it.

Since this story has been proven to be a hoax, & since Microsoft so far hasn't said anything about their future price structure, I am closing this poll.

And no, I wouldn't pay that much extra. I would need a lot more detail about any service if I'm gonna be paying that much.