LCVG

Gas Prices

Bruce B

I use a 5 gallon can to fuel up my scooter and only fill it once every six months or so, but the last time I looked at gas prices here in Salem they were between $2.20 and $2.60 depending on where you look. I'm loving my 90 miles per gallon right now. If only my wife's 626 got that.

Two quick warnings:

1) Anyone whingeing too much will have it pointed out to them that I paid ?0.81 a litre yesterday. That's $5.50 a US gallon. (why can't you guys measure a gallon properly, anyway?)

2) I've no problem with people comparing prices, but stay clear of the politics of this, or it'll just get messy.

I'm paying about $2 per gallon here in Houston.

Luckily, I am the van driver for our company vanpool. The company pays for the gas, and since I'm the driver, I ride for free. Other riders pay about $25 per month. We have been innundated with requests for ridership. Wonder why?

Carlos.

Originally posted by Pharmboy@May 21 2004, 12:10 PM

Consider yourself lucky, Jeremy.

Here in Nova Scotia it's at 99.9 cents a liter and over in Newfoundland it's already well over the dollar mark.

Insanity. I'm glad I don't own a car :P

Heh, 99.9...it'll be like that here soon enough I'd imagine. What decision has been made on how to exceed this amount? Are signs going to be completely redone to accomodate the extra digit or are they just going to paste a permanent '1' on before the rest of the numbers?

Originally posted by blackcalx@May 21 2004, 10:12 AM

I use a 5 gallon can to fuel up my scooter and only fill it once every six months or so, but the last time I looked at gas prices here in Salem they were between $2.20 and $2.60 depending on where you look. I'm loving my 90 miles per gallon right now. If only my wife's 626 got that.

That is why I am looking into buying Metropolitan II for myself. With the way prices are heading, the Met will pay for itself in no time.

Originally posted by blackcalx@May 21 2004, 11:12 AM

Doh!

I fill a 5 gallon can every other week for my tractor to cut my lawn!!

I was looking at Vespas last weekend thinking the same thing. It'd be useless during the Wisconsin winter but for the other 3 to 4 months of the year it'd be nice.

Oh yea, gas was around $2.15 last time I filled up. Thankfully my Jetta gets around 27 to 30 mpg in the city and I average around 15 miles a day.

Originally posted by gigapower@May 21 2004, 08:27 AM

That is why I am looking into buying Metropolitan II for myself. With the way prices are heading, the Met will pay for itself in no time.

I would avoid the Met II if you can. It's a restricted version of the Metropolitain made to conform to certain states' moped regulations. This just means that it doesn't have as much power, though I've read that if you're savvy with an engine you can find ways to remove the governors.

I just paid 2.33.9 per gallon (regular) last night to fill up. It seems the prices go up anywhere from 5-9 cents a week now. It's crazy, but what can you do, no one seems to want to build more refineries on the west coast, and no one seems that interested in sending more via pipeline or whatever this direction. At least my car gets just north of 25mpg so I only have to fill up 2 times a week.

Aaron

Originally posted by iainl@May 21 2004, 09:16 AM

1) Anyone whingeing too much will have it pointed out to them that I paid ?0.81 a litre yesterday. That's $5.50 a US gallon. (why can't you guys measure a gallon properly, anyway?)

That's something we shouldn't forget, the U.S. has among the lowest gas prices in the world. Not that it makes it any easier to cope when prices double, but we still have it cheap by comparison.

Originally posted by Failsafe+May 21 2004, 11:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Failsafe @ May 21 2004, 11:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pharmboy@May 21 2004, 12:10 PM

Consider yourself lucky, Jeremy.

Here in Nova Scotia it's at 99.9 cents a liter and over in Newfoundland it's already well over the dollar mark.

Insanity. I'm glad I don't own a car :P

Heh, 99.9...it'll be like that here soon enough I'd imagine. What decision has been made on how to exceed this amount? Are signs going to be completely redone to accomodate the extra digit or are they just going to paste a permanent '1' on before the rest of the numbers? [/b]

I paid close to a dollar yesterday, too.

I don't know what mileage I'm getting, but if I didn't drive everywhere bouncing off the rev-limiter I know I will be paying less. :)