LCVG

Light gun games...

The Guns out there dont work with RPTV's. Now that ive moved my systems back to my room Im going to be picking up the Time Crisis 2 and 3, and a new one is coming out this year, all for Ps2. For xbox you have the Silent Scope Rifle as well House of the Dead 3 I believe

capt

The Guncon2 is actually weird. I can use it on my 65" mits but It won't work on my parents 53" Sony. They are both RPTVs. So you might want to try to see if it works or not. Now my question is when using component cables with my ps2 can I use the gun, if so which color plug do I use it with?

Now my question is when using component cables with my ps2 can I use the gun, if so which color plug do I use it with?

I'd say no. I can't use it with svideo. You need a splitter cable but I don't know if they make it for component cables. And it really doesn't work very well with the splitter. Pissed me off and I refuse to use the normal cables for my consoles.

• 2 weeks later...

Guncon 2's will work on some RPTVs and HDTVs, but it's spotty and I'd find a way to test it before you invest in a setup of several games/guns. Guncon 2's work fine on my direct view HDTV. Depending on your tastes, either Time Crisis 2 or Time Crisis 3 will be the best.

Time Crisis 2 is the best if you absolutely must dual wield your guns. I'm pretty sure Time Crisis 3 doesn't have that option, all I could ever get was a split screen.

Time Crisis 3 is a bit more intense than TC2 and it has multiple weapons, but you lose the ability to effectively play with 2 lightguns simultaneously. Still though, if you want to pop out from behind a wall, scream "Say hello to my little friend!!" and pop a tank with a grenade launcher, this is your game.

I've also got Vampire Night and Ninja Assault. Both games are dual wield friendly. However, the light flash when you shoot seems to be more pronounced in these games and I get headaches when I play them. Vampire Night is pretty solid and has a good length with decent action. Ninja Assault is pretty "meh". Its only value comes from the fact that you're shooting ninjas as opposed to enemy agents, vampires, etc. It's not as bad as reviews say, but it's nothing compared to the Time Crisis games.