LCVG

The Smyrfs

Buck

Well, after seeing the Big Papa last night and laughing uncontrollably, I made another controller (Ice/Storm Summoning), his name, Frosty Smyrf :tu:

Now I know we have are alternate Blasters, but how about a Smyrf group? If we can get, a Tanker Smyrf, a Defender Smyrf, and a Scrapper Smyrf, we'd be set :D

So, what do you guys think :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great screenshot...you get to see the Orgasmatron in action, TK's cool spines, my psychotic smurf, and most importantly, Joel's character's ass. :tu:

And Buck, I love that idea, in fact I suggested it to a friend of mine but he never bit. I think a party of rampaging smurfs blasting their way through King's Row would be just too funny for words. :lol:

Originally posted by PoisonJam@May 24 2004, 02:18 PM

And Buck, I love that idea, in fact I suggested it to a friend of mine but he never bit. I think a party of rampaging smurfs blasting their way through King's Row would be just too funny for words. :lol:

That would be funny, I agree :lol:

After looking at the pic from last night, I might need to make my Smyrf a little more blue. No biggie, as he's only a level 2 ATM :tu:

I've got a job lined up for this evening around 6, so if you guys want to Smyrf it up later, just let me know :D

Latest Patch on the test server for those interested:

Addition To The Training Room: 5/21/04

? Fixed some problems with higher-level Task Force story arcs.

Current patch notes for The Training Room Test Server: 5/20/04

City Zones:

?Unresponsive villains in the Circle of Thorns caves should defend their lairs again.

Missions:

?Task Force Missions have been fixed.

Villians:

?The Vahzilok disease issue has been fixed. (Paging Joey! :tu: )

Rewards:

?Task Force Rewards now give XP and Influence as well as the Enhancement.

Powers:

? Removed Jump Enhancements from Sprint.

? Increased Damage and Reduced END cost of Parry (Broadsword and Katakana).

? Fixed (Reduced) END cost of Katana/Slice.

? Fixed (Reduced) Recharge Time of Radiation Emission/Accelerate Metabolism.

? Storm Summoning/Thunder Clap now accepts Accuracy Enhancements.

? Increased the Accuracy of Storm Summoning/Thunder Clap. It now can affect more targets.

? Fixed text message for Broadsword and Katana Whirling Sword. Added message that it debuffs the target?s defense. Power is unchanged, only the message was updated.

? Fixed Pets traveling slower at higher levels.

Oh and I'll be on tonight. :D

I'd be up for either a primary or an alternate adventure tonight, but I do want to get Cynder up two more levels so I can pick up provoke and complete her tankification. Either way, though; both characters are a lot of fun to play.

Good to hear Task Force missions are close to being back. I've heard good things about them although I've never had the chance to go on one myself. And what's a pet? I know in Neverwinter Nights you could summon creatures (hail the mighty Badger!), but are there archetypes that can summon things in this game as well? Anyone know?

Ok, here's my thought, feel free to disagree or provide your input :)

Since Dave got this ball rolling with the Big Papa and is already at level 7, I say when he hits level 10 he create an Alternate Super Group, The Smryfs.

Now before anyone wonders what will happen to P.O.R.N, don't worry, it's not going anywhere :)

P.O.R.N is still the primary SG and that's the one I plan on putting most of my time in. The Smryfs however, is really just too damn funny not to want to do at least 2 times a week or after some long battles with our primaries.

Thoughts, suggestions?

BTW, after talking with Romier earlier I can't wait to see a bunch of Smryfs running down the streets in Paragon with Gargamel chasing behind them :lmfao:

This game is so smurfing tempting

What are you waiting for, Jay? :tu:

with Gargamel chasing behind them

Yes Gargamel will be created tonight as soon as I get home. :tu:

Please keep in mind when creating your Smyrf that he needs to be tiny. When I make Gargamel I'm going to make him as tall as possible. :D Should make for a hilarious contrast.

who gets to be smurfette?

Joel, guarenteed. :lmfao:

....and yes before anyone makes the comment, this is just for pure out fun. We actually take P.O.R.N (even though the name is comedic and juvenile) seriously and when we play we have a great time with and without P.O.R.N members. We try to get everyone leveled, accomplish as much as possible and rib each other as much as we can. ;)

The Smyrfs group is really going to be for when we need a bit of downtime from the "serious" missions and levellng that we do. It will be great to just hop on, laugh at ourselves and have even more fun with characters that really aren't to be taking seriously but can be great alternatives to our more serious alter-egos.

Also, so this is more than just a joke group, we should plan what archetypes we'll need.

I disagree to an extent. Again this is just for fun and people should feel free to pick whatever they want to play as. Most importantly you have to makee sure to pick an archetype that fits the role of your smurf if possible. ;) I agree that structure is good but I don't think we need to be terribly stringent in regard to what we feel people should play as. Most have already chosen thier primary role in P.O.R.N.

On that note, Gargamel will either end up being a scrapper or a controller. haven't decided just yet. Leaning towards the controller as I'd like to take a break from 'Offense" related classes.

Also, so this is more than just a joke group, we should plan what archetypes we'll need. We already have one blaster, the Big Papa himself.

I am seriously considering either a scrapper or a controller. Both are archetypes that I have yet to seriously play.

Oh, and Scott....big :tu: on this idea:

Since Dave got this ball rolling with the Big Papa and is already at level 7, I say when he hits level 10 he create an Alternate Super Group, The Smryfs.

v2

Originally posted by blackcalx@May 24 2004, 04:49 PM

Also, so this is more than just a joke group, we should plan what archetypes we'll need.

I agree, Shawn.

As I said before I'll be remaking my Smryf when I get back from a job.

I figure I'll create Brainy Smyrf as I plan on going with an Ice/Storm Controller. I can do an Ice/Empathy if everyone feels the need for a second healer will help.

Originally posted by DataTox@May 24 2004, 04:57 PM

Oh, and Scott....big :tu: on this idea:

I had some help from the P.O.R.N director himself, Romier, on this one :D

You guys are really running with this idea...I love it! :tu:

I agree with Romier that since this is a "fun" group, no really hardcore archetype planning is necessary, but may I humbly suggest that whoever makes Smurfette should be the tanker. I used the "huge" body type when I created Big Papa, but I made him as short as possible. So if we have all these mini buffed-out Hulk smurfs running around, it seems only fitting that the skinnest, tiniest, frailest character possible should be the tanker. And if she has a blond ponytail and white dress, so much the better. :lol: