LCVG

Shadow Ops = Gold

JohnEBGood

• 2 weeks later...

Played the demo on this months OXM Disc. Totally meh.

Graphics were very average, and control wasn't very smooth. Aiming seemed a bit inconsistent.

Although the concept was intruiguing to me at first, I'll be taking the wait and see approach with this now.

• 2 weeks later...

I've played it (though not on Live).

It's easily one of the worst games on the Xbox. It's a pure shooter (Doom, Quake) that kind of looks like more of a realistic sim-style shooter (Rainbow Six).

Enemies just spawn out of nowhere...you'll think you cleared an area only to find more guys crawling out of who-knows-where. Additionally, enemies & friendlies alike know nothing of seeking cover. They simply walk right through the middle of a firefight as if they're in a video game or something. :)

The AI is without question the worst I have experienced in this generation. I'll be walking through the map trying to keep with the NPC's on my side. I turn and standing right next to me is an enemy just looking at me. They just come out of nowhere and walk right through the battlefield (without being shot at) and stand inches from you!

It's kind of stuck between wanting to be a true combat sim but plays much closer to Serious Sam (albiet a very bad Serious Sam clone). I'd suggest avoiding this one at all costs.

Wow. I didn't think it was that bad. Granted, it's not the best game on the market right now, but it's still pretty fun. At least I thought so. I haven't played Live yet, but I thought the single player campaign was pretty decent. I guess I'm not down on it like you are.

• 2 weeks later...

just a quikc *bump*

im stuck at the church and cant get thru the door that Mack is working on. im pretty sure that i've taken everyone out already, sooo....anyone know what i can do? I've been having so much fun with this game and this is just frsutrating. thanks in advance.