LCVG

Failsafe's Boneyard Game Music Challenge

Failsafe

OK, folks...here goes! A couple days ago I posted two songs that I did not know which game they were from. It got me thinking that it might be fun to see how well you guys remember the music from the games we played ten years ago.

Listed below are four mystery song clips. They are about a minute in length each (not the entire song). Songs #1 and #2 are not very good quality...I had to record them off of an old cassette I have had lying around since that time. The other two are much better in quality.

Now, since I don't know how fast you guys will be able to get these I'll start with no hints whatsoever, except that all four are from SNES games. These are not remixes either.

If you think you know an answer, please don't post the name of the song right away. Do something like this:

Song #1 - 100% sure

Song #2 - Pretty sure

Song #3 - No idea

Song #4 - Pretty sure

This will provide an opportunity for everyone who reads to give it a shot without fear of reading the answer. It will also be a gauge for me to see how people are doing. I'll post the answers after a short time. Also, you need not know exact song titles or anything, just be able to provide a sufficient description about where the song is from.

If they are too tough, I'll start posting some hints.

And here we go! :green:

Song #1

Song #2

Song #3

Song #4

I may come up with some sort of ranking system as well. Good Luck!

Originally posted by Failsafe@May 26 2004, 06:43 PM

I'm thinking you may get the first one, Romier! 8)

You know what's scary? I read this before I had a chance to download it and thought, "Oh, it must be the game, ______________," and it turns out I was right. Either I'm psychic, or just know Romier way too well.

Oh, and I have no idea what the other ones are. Don't you have any Mario songs? :D

Originally posted by J.Fo+May 27 2004, 01:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J.Fo @ May 27 2004, 01:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Failsafe@May 26 2004, 06:43 PM

I'm thinking you may get the first one, Romier! 8)

You know what's scary? I read this before I had a chance to download it and thought, "Oh, it must be the game, ______________," and it turns out I was right. Either I'm psychic, or just know Romier way too well.

Oh, and I have no idea what the other ones are. Don't you have any Mario songs? :D [/b]

I figured there wasn't much harm revealing that one as everyone seems to be getting it.

Mark, if you want to post your answers this evening, say around 8:00pm ET, I'll let everyone know what the last one is as well.