LCVG

New cubicle, New toys!

rustyjaw

So last Friday the company I work for moved. We went from an underground 1st floor office, to the top floor of a 15 story building. I've been working the past couple of days to get all my toys set up, I'm still a ways from having it all the way I want it, but I'm getting there.

Then in the midst of setting up, I get a call that a new shipment of toys has come in! Here's some pics of the new digs and toys:

cube1.jpg

As you can see things are still rather chaotic.

shelf.jpg

One thing I was able to do was install some shelves. I will be adding more to get more Qee off my desk.

view.jpg

Here's the view out the window beside me. The building off in the distance just past the trees is the Sony Metreon...which contains a Playstation Store, and a Sony Style store...dangerously close.

view2.jpg

This is out the window in the next cube over, I like this view a lot.

Now that we got the boring shit out of the way, on to the new toys!

acid8.jpg

Many of you will recognize this guy, but this is a much larger version. He is 8" tall.

tummy.jpg

These are strange fellows. They are all translucent figures painted to matt out the letters TOY2R - which is the name of the company that makes them.

iron2.jpg

Oh yeah, probably my favorite one right now. This is Knuckle Bear Iron. Also 8" tall.

iron3.jpg

Side view.

monoboy.jpg

And the last 8" one is Mono Boy. You might notice that he has clothes, a chain, and a record bag!

Wow those are some really crazy toys. What are those called? What exactly are they? Are they dolls, or action figures or statue type things?

Some of those are kinda cool. Mono boy and Knuckle bear look awesome. The toys on the top shelf all look very good. Are these things for sale somewhere, 'cause I've never seen them before.

Originally posted by boogieman@May 26 2004, 09:00 AM

Wow those are some really crazy toys. What are those called? What exactly are they? Are they dolls, or action figures or statue type things?

Funny you should ask ;) - my partner and I are selling them at www.qeester.com *. The figures are called Qee, I call them 'figures' other people call them 'action figures', 'urban vinyl' or 'designer figures'.

*Commercial site linked with permission from LCVG.com.

Originally posted by Sam P@May 26 2004, 04:09 PM

On the above pic, I noticed your neighbouring co-worker is peeping through a little hole in the wall, just between the monitors. Does he do this often?! You must have no privacy.

Heh, that's Peter Jackson's face on the cover of Wired.

Wow, that view from the next cubicle over is amazing!!! Makes me wish I lived in a bigger city with some real architecture (there's not a whole lot that's noteworthy in Kansas City).

Ed: I'm guessing you probably already have, but have you seen Touma's "Talons" figure? For those who don't know, he designed the "Knuckle Bear" figure. It's pretty cool too... http://sweatyfrog.com/talons.html

Edit: I think I just found what I'm going to get my girlfriend for our 1-year anniversary. The Touma black cat (#91 in the Qeester gallery) is just awesome and looks identical to my girlfriend's cat Gypsy. There's an 8" figure on eBay right now that I think I'm going to have to jump on or regret it. Ed, is the one in your collection an 8" or the smaller one?

Yeah, I like the Talons, but I haven't seen one in person yet. Touma does amazing work, he also designed the Fang Wolf Qee figure:

Series4-FangWolf-202102.jpg

We will be getting another shipment of Qee next week, it will have an 8" version of the figure in my avatar, plus a few more 8" figures, and new color versions of the Series 4, 2" figures, including Robot Dog, Acid, and a new White Monkey!

• 2 weeks later...

This is my entry for Nevada into the United States of Qee design competition.

Bandit.gif

I'm also planning to do some more for other states. If anyone here is interested in doing a design, PM me or check out Qeester.com (or click on the link above), there are templates in Illustrator and GIF format there. Since submissions need to be made in printed form, you could even print out the file and draw on it.

Originally posted by gigapower@Jun 7 2004, 09:35 AM

so is this a contest that just your site is doing Ed?

Yeah, we are running it, but it is 'official' in the sense that the company that makes the toys is involved and will make the final judgements on which designs are chosen.

Which reminds me, we want as many people to submit designs as possible, so if you know anyone that you think might be interested, let them know. You don't need to be a designer, there is no stylistic requirement, in fact the more off-beat and weird the design the better.

Originally posted by gigapower@Jun 7 2004, 09:48 AM

cool I sent the link to a guy I know. so will all 50 states get made?

As far as I know, yes. That's why we need a lot of designs, ideally several for each state. You can submit as many designs as you want for any state you want.

Oh, and the deadline is sometime in the fall (possibly October), so there's no big rush.