LCVG

Question about SP Screen...

AlbertA

I just bought a gameboy SP.

When you open the screen, is the top part supposed to stay firmly in place, or can it have a little bit of play. For example if you shake it a little bit, do you feel the top part to have a little play at the hinges?

If not, I'll have to return it for another one...

Originally posted by AlbertA@May 26 2004, 11:15 AM

I just bought a gameboy SP.

When you open the screen, is the top part supposed to stay firmly in place, or can it have a little bit of play. For example if you shake it a little bit, do you feel the top part to have a little play at the hinges?

If not, I'll have to return it for another one...

A little play at the top is normal (at least with mine), unless it's really moving around a lot - like if it moves out of the position where it kind of locks into place. (not quite open all the way).

What do you mean play? In which direction? Do you mean there is play along the direction of the screen's open/close travel? Or is there lateral, side-to-side play? I checked mine and there is a minimum of lateral play, even when you shake it. As in so little it's almost imperceptible.

If it's more than that, I would get it exchanged. Looseness can only get worse.

No lateral play, plenty of 'spring' in the direction of open/close.

Its actually slightly irritating that it doesn't 'click' open at all - I can just about cope with playing Kuru Kuru Kirby with the reversed controls (its the game that uses the balance sensor for movement, and the cart goes in upside down on the SP), but the moment you want to jump you're stuffed, as the screen flips shut...