LCVG

New PC gaming advice

Bruce B

Okay, finally decided to break down and get a new pc. I dont game as much in the summer, so I wanted to invest in one, and only one pc game to get me through. I was primarily thinking about BF 1942, UT 2004, and City Of Heroes. City Of Heroes seems to be the hot ticket these days on the board, so I was kinda leaning that way. Also, since its been years since I've gamed with a PC online how do you guys communicate. I use to use Roger Wilco. Thanks.

I'd go with City of Heros too Bruce,... even though I don't have it myself. I actually had a question for those who do own it. Is there a monthly fee with this game? I saw some sort of item on sale next to the game which seemed to be a subscription to the game,... is this correct? If so that would greatly diminish my desire to get this game. :? ???

Is there a monthly fee with this game?

Yep.

If so that would greatly diminish my desire to get this game. ???

Don't let it. You get a free month. Try it and then decide if you want to keep playing. My bet is you will. :tu:

Also, since its been years since I've gamed with a PC online how do you guys communicate.

Keyboard communication but I want to get a team speak server up soon. Just been a bit lazy about it.

Is there a monthly fee with this game?

I agree with Kelley, if you don't mind the monthly charges, you'll be hooked on CoH

;)

If so that would greatly diminish my desire to get this game

I used to be the same way, Joel :)

CoH is my first MMO and like you, I could never bring myself to pay a monthly fee after I paid $40-$50 already for the game. Another thing had to do with the fact that I didn't like the combat systems in the 1 or 2 MMO's that I had tried.

Well, I'm addicted :cry: :D

It really comes down to finding an MMO that interests you and CoH did that for me. As a bonus, the combat system is extremely well done with none of that, hit F10 to target enemy, hit F12 to attack enemy, cook dinner for family, look for next mob ;) If you're aren't in constant control of you're character in CoH, you're dead.

If I had to compare the combat system in CoH to a game that most have played, I'd compare it to, Knights of the Old Republic. You really feel in control of your character and when teaming up with a group of friends the strategy really comes into play.

CoH is $14.95 a month if you choose to take that option. There are other payment options where you can get the price down as low as $10.95 a month. If it's one thing CoH has done for me, it's actually saved me money as I've bought one other game since I bought it :tu:

CoH is $14.95 a month if you choose to take that option. There are other payment options where you can get the price down as low as $10.95 a month. If it's one thing CoH has done for me, it's actually saved me money as I've bought one other game since I bought it

This is the best way to justify the expense of a monthy fee game. You probably will ONLY be playing this game and won't be buying others. I didn't buy a game for almost 3 years while playing EQ.

• 2 weeks later...