LCVG

Videogame Photoshop Contest I

Okay, I have this idea for a Videogame Photoshop Contest, inspired by Worth1000. For those of you unfamiliar with Worth1000, they run contest of edited images. They present a theme, and entrants come up with clever entries. My troubling avatar is from one of their contests. To give you an idea of some of their contests, here a couple examples: FarSide recreation contest, Photo "de-touching" contest, and Made for TV 2.

My proposal is something similar to the last one (Made for TV 2): Unwelcome Videogame Licenses. You can make an ad, screenshot, box cover, whatever you want. We'll somehow rate the pics based on 1) Concept and 2) Execution.

This is for fun, unless I can find a prize somewhere. No deadline until I think up another theme.

I'll post a couple examples/entries of my own later.

-j

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To make it easier, let's allow two categories, not one:

Category 1: Unwelcome Videogame Licenses. See the two entries below. You can make an ad, screenshot, box cover, whatever you want.

Forget this one, we'll save it for another contest!: Category 2: Wacky Peripherals. Make a wacky peripheral. Snapping a pic of your Steel Battalion controller doesn't count. The peripheral must not exist in real life.

This is for fun, so don't lament your lack of mad photoshop skillz (we can't all be like Ed) -- so jump in and share your funny homemade images!

-j

Here's another entry in the Unwelcome Videogame Licenses category:

romano.jpg

A note: If you don't want to do something in either of the two categories, please refrain from posting other images. Hang on to your ideas, because they'll probably be usable in the very near future in an upcoming contest.

-j

Let me preface this with "Its just a joke Joel". This is for beating me in my fantasy Baseball league last week. Jtello is a videogame Hero!

Well, I've got one for you and your favorite team Bruce!

YankeesSuck.jpg

:green:

Oh yeah, they're still in second place too! :twisted:

Mine doesn't count in the "Unwelcome Videogame Licenses" category? Are you saying that an Allstar Baseball Lovers 2004 video game is something you're interested in actually playing? :green: ;)

Honestly, unless I'm missing something my entry does fit the bill.?