LCVG

City of Heroes Task Force

Buck

Ok heroes, this Friday, come one come all to attempt the first P.O.R.N Task Force mission.

After todays patch, the Task Force missions seem to be at the point where we can attempt one and be rewarded for our efforts. So, if you're interested in joining up post here with the time you'll be available. Task Force mission usually last around 3 hours, so make sure you've eaten and taken care of the things you need to before joining up.

Hope to see you heroes on the battlefield :tu:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in without a doubt. I have off the next day and no where to go on Saturday. 10pm sounds perfect to me.

-Romier S.

Is there any sort of level restriction on these things?

Nothing a good sidekickin' cant fix Brian. The more the merrier and the more effective we can tackle the mission.

Unfortunately I'm out. I'll be leaving for the weekend and won't return until Monday night.

I'm saddened to think that I'll miss out on our first Task Force mission, but I'm sure there will be more to come, and besides, I'll be at the coast. Hard to beat that.

I'd love to get in on this, but I'm not sure when I'll be on tonight.

Its not tonight TK. Its Friday.

Also since we have so many wanting in we'll need to split into 2 groups with two task force missions. If we can get 16 that would be fantastic but if not 10-12 would be great. Two groups of 5-6.

Originally posted by FutureVoid@May 26 2004, 07:50 PM

Also since we have so many wanting in we'll need to split into 2 groups with two task force missions. If we can get 16 that would be fantastic but if not 10-12 would be great. Two groups of 5-6.

I should have mentioned this in the first post that only 8 (a full team) are allowed on TF missions, sorry for any confusion this might have caused.

I'm trying to figure out how we do Trial Missions, which allow up to 50 heroes if I'm not mistaken. Faultline is one of the zones that a Trial can be run in, but requires you to be level 14 to enter. It's actually a good thing as having a travel power is really a must to stay out of trouble or to just get around.

I've been reading some of the COH forums and it seems like Synapse's task force mission is still bugged. People have been reporting that they play for over four hours and just when they finish up and call Synapse for their reward, their team is disbanded automatically and no reward is given. I've read at least three instances of that happening as recently as yesterday, so maybe we should start with someone else? Positron, perhaps?

Also, as Romier pointed out we do have a lot of interest in this, so maybe we should think about how we would form the two squads? I think teams of 5-6 people are probably best--anymore than that and the mobs multiply at horrific rates. We should also try to ensure that we have a decent mix of archetypes in each. Maybe a good place to start would be to list the participants so far:

Buck--level 19 controller

Buffneck--level ? blaster (15-16 maybe?)

Cynder--level 19 tanker

Romier--level 17 blaster

Brian--level 9 scrapper (close to 10)

Kelley--level ? blaster (14?)

Secretvamp--level 15 scrapper (close to 16)

Sherbz--level ? tanker (12?)

Batt batt--level 16 scrapper (close to 17)

Capt--level ? scrapper (14?)

TK--level ? scrapper (7?)

For those people who's level I'm not sure about, I made my best guess at an approximate, based either on the last time I played with you or your listed level on the pinned hero thread. Please correct or confirm as needed! :)

That's 11 people altogether, which would make for a group of five and a group of six. The problem I see is that with the exception of Buck, everyone is an offensive archetype and healing will be at a premium.

I'm not going to take a stab at splitting the group into two squads because this is Scott's baby (:)), but I wanted to start laying out our resources so we can begin talking about possibilities and so forth. Also, I am really bored at work today. :P

[edited with correct levels as people post them]

As the Task Force mission difficulty will more than likley scale according to the group and to succeed we'll need to make sure we are at our very best we will more than likely need to split the groups by level range and class necessity. For instance:

Group 1: (High level) - Group will combine Scott as the controller for his healing and mob control abilities with two blasters (myself and Chris) there providing pure unadulterated damage and 2 "tank" classes to draw aggro and keep the action away from the ranged (and vulnerable folks). Adding in another tank or healer here would not be bad thing either, possibly from the group below.

Buck--level 19 controller

Cynder--level 19 tanker

Romier--level 17 blaster

Buffneck--level 16 blaster

Batt batt--level 16 scrapper (close to 17)

Group 2" (Mid/Low level) - Some sidekicking will need to be done here but this is an entirely feasible and powerful group with the right teamwork. You've got a nasty group of pure tankers here that can really bring the pain in a closeup fight and with Kelley providing both the damage and the crowd control, he's going to be key to maintaining everyone alive. The only thing missing here is a healer.

Kelley--level ? blaster (14?)

Secretvamp--level 15 scrapper (close to 16)

Capt--level ? scrapper (14?)

Brian--level 9 scrapper (close to 10)

Sherbz--level ? tanker (12?)

TK--level ? scrapper (7?)

As Scott did indeed make this suggestion final group selection is his but I figured I'd throw my ideas out there for consumption and get some feedback as a jumping off point.

The groups look good the way you have them, Romier.

An option for the second group would be if, Mario, Particle1, is available as that would give them a healer and more crowd control.

Another thing that I recommend is that all that participate stock up on inspirations before starting the mission. I'd recommend lots of health and end myself, but for the blasters, a few damage and accuracy will help too

One last thing, regarding the possibility of TF missions still being broke. I don't mind at least giving them a shot, as I'm sure the XP will be worth it. This way we can get our feet wet with them so we'll know what to expect in the future.