LCVG

Xbox Live Arcade

Chris F

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression it would all be downloadable. Some you could download for free, some you'd have to pay for. I know I'll definitely be interested in any of the card games, especially since there will be voice chat in the "social" games.

Guest Bryan

This looks fabulous! I know there is a disc involved for some portion of the arcade, based on MS comments made at E3. I'll bet it will be included in Live subscription packages as well as for sale alone.

How much fun will LCVG Poker nights be? I can see certain people getting drunk and broke at the same time.

Guest Bryan
Bankshot Billiards Screen (from MSN Games version). I'll go out on a limb and say the Live version should look pretty similar. You can play 8 Ball, 9 Ball and Cutthroat (multiplayer game where you win by shooting the other guys' billiard balls into the pockets).

Between this "Hamsterball" thing and the pool game, I'm getting this strange feeling that Sega could obsolete the whole idea by porting a Super Monkey Ball sequel to Live. Which, naturally, would be the coolest thing on the planet. Ever.

Color me girly, because I'm definitely interested in a few of these. Sometimes a simple game online with some good chat is what the doctor ordered.

And just because a game is simple, doesn't make it easy when the competition is there.

Between this "Hamsterball" thing and the pool game, I'm getting this strange feeling that Sega could obsolete the whole idea by porting a Super Monkey Ball sequel to Live. Which, naturally, would be the coolest thing on the planet. Ever.

Argh, now you've got me sporting wood at work.

I've played 'free' poker online and I have to say I like it more with money, for the simple reason that people play differently with 'play' money (most people don't fold when they would in real life).

Absolutely true. If you play with "free" money, there is no consequence for playing a bad hand or no real reward for pulling off a great coup. Even with low stakes, $5 winner-takes-all buy-in or $20 a person with $0.25 units, it makes the game soooooo much more interesting and enjoyable. This is usually what I do with my real life friends, we play pretty regularly.

Yep. I agree with you guys on the Poker discussion.

I played at Party Poker for a day or so before I just got frustrated with people constantly playing every hand shooting for the straight flush.

If we could get a Euchre game going on Live... I might be willing to jump onto that though. Although, how would you ban table talk on Xbox Live?

Glen

I don't follow you, Camp. Do you think the whole idea is a big bladder infection?

That sounds painful.

No, I was getting at the fact that girls (in my grand experience with the opposite sex) tend to love these "mini" games. I certainly don't mean to suggest guys don't like them I just know that it's a style of game that is much more evenly split between the sexes. No console maker has ever really made a move for the female market and this could be a good thrust in that direction (pun intended).