LCVG

msn messenger/live linked

ant1

Originally posted by Kain rising@May 27 2004, 10:02 AM

you?ll see a new Xbox tab along with the ones for shopping, games, news, travel and more

Anybody seeing the new tab? I sure don't. :?

[EDIT]I see what you mean about the site being a bit jacked at the moment. I'll just try later.

They are integrating new features in during the day today. So the tab should appear later today.

No tab yet, but I have had alerts come up telling me when someone has signed on to live and what they are playing, pretty cool! Hopefully it will be fully functional soon, the features list sounds good.

By the way does anyone know how to make messenger acknowledge what my browser of preference is, if it opens up IE again I will drop kick the bastard :bang:

Originally posted by ant1@May 27 2004, 04:29 PM

By the way does anyone know how to make messenger acknowledge what my browser of preference is, if it opens up IE again I will drop kick the bastard :bang:

Not Microsoft bashing, but knowing them there might not be a way to do that, unless it's a registry tweak.

Fellow Canadians,

If you want to have the xbox tab that brings up your friends list (not available in canada,however alerts work) change your location in your profile to the U.S. and the xbox tab comes up and works.

So help me understand if this works the way I hope it does:

Let's say I'm at the LIVE dashboard, but then I switch my TV over to watch a movie or something. If someone invites me to a game, I will get the MSN alert, along with the audible tone? If so, this is way cool. I would love to leave the Xbox unattended, but still get the game invites.

But there is still not a way to invite someone who is not currently logged in to LIVE, right? That would be even cooler. Especially if it could detect that I am currently logged in and available on MSN messenger, but not necessarily on LIVE. This would save from having to leave the Xbox on needlessly.

Carlos.

Originally posted by Carlucci@Jun 2 2004, 02:29 PM

So help me understand if this works the way I hope it does:

Let's say I'm at the LIVE dashboard, but then I switch my TV over to watch a movie or something. If someone invites me to a game, I will get the MSN alert, along with the audible tone? If so, this is way cool. I would love to leave the Xbox unattended, but still get the game invites.

But there is still not a way to invite someone who is not currently logged in to LIVE, right? That would be even cooler. Especially if it could detect that I am currently logged in and available on MSN messenger, but not necessarily on LIVE. This would save from having to leave the Xbox on needlessly.

Carlos.

I'm pretty sure you can send invites people who aren't logged into Live. I know I've sent people invites on the off chance that they are going to show up, but I didn't want to wait around for them to start the game.

If that's true, then offline invites has to be a new thing, right? Because I'm certain in the past I could not invite someone who was not logged into LIVE.

The reason I know this is because, in RS3, when a friend sends me an IM that he is about to log in, I will go into friends over and over again UNTIL the "invite" option becomes available. It becomes kinda a game I play to pass the time until he signs in, to see how quickly I can keep going into friends until the invite option is available.

Or maybe certain games allow this, and others do not?

Carlos.

I thought for sure RS3 was one of the games I have done it with. The person shows up as offline of course, but I was still able to send them an invite which was waiting when they finally signed on. If not RS3 then I am still pretty sure I've done it with some others. I'll have to check it after work.