LCVG

Yet another setup.

Clay

I thought I would post some picks of my setup, let me know what you guys think.

General pics

fr.jpg

rr.jpg

fl.jpg

Pic of my systems

systems.jpg

Game shelf 1 (mainly NES with some SNES)

games1.jpg

Game shelft 2 (Everything else)

games2.jpg

My DVDs

movies.jpg

The HTPC that controls everything.

htpc.jpg

So that's it in a nutshell (or a living room as it may be).

Clay

Thanks for the compliment guys.

The second row of seating is raised. I just used some milk crates from work, and so far, no problems.

And Kain Rising is right that is the Pirogoeth poster from Megatokyo. It's a really nice poster, I really suggest picking it up if you like Fred's style of art.

I don't have an X-box, but under the TV, not pictured clearly is my 2600 if that makes up for it.

Clay

Originally posted by xPieter@May 27 2004, 01:30 PM

I've always wanted to figure out a way to raise my couch. Do those crates really hold up that well? I've got a few of those lying around, maybe I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the inspiration.

At one time in my HT I had my couch elevated behind my Loveseat recliner. Here is what you get. 2x6's and a sheet of 1" plywood. Make a frame with the 2x6's and at least one 2x6 running in the middle for support. I found needing only 1 middle support was plenty for my big ass heavy couch. Total cost of the wood and screws was $20. You can carpet it or do whatever you want with the surface... I just left it the way it was because I am lazy. :)

-Dean-

And Kain Rising is right that is the Pirogoeth poster from Megatokyo. It's a really nice poster, I really suggest picking it up if you like Fred's style of art.

That is a sweet poster, I should really pick one up while thinkgeek is still carrying megatokyo stuff (it's all being discontinued due to MT starting up there own swag store).

I'm curious about your DVD rack. Is everything in sleeves or thinpaks?

Originally posted by Orpheus@May 31 2004, 09:46 PM

That is a sweet poster, I should really pick one up while thinkgeek is still carrying megatokyo stuff (it's all being discontinued due to MT starting up there own swag store).

While you're at it, I'd highly recommend the Broken Miho poster. It's one of the very few decorations I have hanging up at my place.

Not a very good shot:

Broken640.jpg

Orpheus,

I use these cases for my DVD's. I have about 100 of them on my htpc, but I have alot more DVDs than I have money for harddrives.

Bobbio,

My HTPC serves several purposes. First I have ripped all of my CDs into lossless ape files. Next, I use it to play all of my movies, either from the harddrive, or the DVD rom. Finally, I have all of my videogame systems running through it, and I use Dscaler to deinterlace and upscale them. To control it all, I use Xlobby. I have been able to do some really cool things with Xlobby.

Take for instance this screenshot.

ss1.jpg

I wrote a macro in Openoffice that takes my games list, and puts it into a database that Xlobby likes. I can sort them by system, genre, or whatever. Here is a page of my Gamecube games.

ss2.jpg

I have done the same thing for my DVDs.

ss3.jpg

Some people use thier HTPCs for lots of other stuff as well, but as I don't watch any TV, this is about all I use mine for.

Starhawk,

That is a CC3. I have had these speakers for lots of years, and I love them. My rears are JBL HLS810s. I would like to replace them, but they get the job done.

If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask. Or if you want to come over and play some Pac Man VS feel free to ask too, as I have been having a hard time getting people to come over and play it. :)

Clay