LCVG

Olympics...

Carlucci

Here's a link to a complete(?) broadcast schedule of the Olympic Games.

Olympic TV Schedule

If anyone knows of a better formatted schedule, let me know.

Opening Ceremony is 8/13.

So what sports do you follow? About how much Olympic coverage will you watch?

I am most interested in Table Tennis and Soccer, but I will watch just about anything.

I'm glad to see there is quite a bit of coverage.

Carlos.

Rhythmic gymnastics, fencing, equestrian events, and diving for sure. May try and catch some of the shooting and martial arts finals.

I prefer the winter events myself, although maybe not as much an appreciatetion as Joel has. ;) I did get to luge down part of the run at the training center in Upper Michigan in college, was really cool (man those things go fast, I hit the wall at a pretty good clip on one of the tries).

I'll catch an occasional mens basketball game. I'm interested to see how the US team fairs against the rest of the world. If they think the gold medal is gauranteed they better think again. They cant shoot from the outside and they dont really have a true center or point gaurd. Its a joke really. I mean sure everyone knows the US has the best athletes but as a team I think they will struggle perhaps more than alot of people think. Other than that I dont really have much interest in the Olympics.

Wow, and I thought I was the only person outside of Minnesota and Canada that enjoyed the curling! :P I plan on watching various events, I like to surf the between the different channels during the Olympics,and getting a tastse of the many events. I don't generally seek out particular events during the summer games.

I'm also one of the Winter Olympics fans. Curling, Luge, Downhill sking,... oh, oh, oh, and what's that event where they ski cross country and then shoot guns?

-Any sport that requires grown adults to dreg out for miles on skis in the freezing cold, while wearing brightly colored full body speedo's, and then climaxes with the participants hoisting the muzzle of a cold rifle to thier frozen snot covered face, all in the pursuit of a piece of medal and 5 minutes of glory, now that's entertainment! :tu:

Originally posted by JTello@Aug 11 2004, 11:24 AM

oh, oh, oh, and what's that event where they ski cross country and then shoot guns?

-Any sport that requires grown adults to dreg out for miles on skis in the freezing cold, while wearing brightly colored full body speedo's, and then climaxes with the participants hoisting the muzzle of a cold rifle to thier frozen snot covered face, all in the pursuit of a piece of medal and 5 minutes of glory, now that's entertainment! :tu:

Biathalon.

I plan on watching Michael Phelps go for his 8 GOLDS :shock: in swimming.

Also plan on wacthing the following events

weight lifting

Of course womens volley ball ;)

And the real wrestling and some soccer maybe even diving.

Dish network has a cool deal this year for watching the Olympics this time around. They Take all six of the NBC owned channels and but them on the screen at the same time, like PiP, if you what to watch some thing on the whole screen you can just select it, and toggle back and forth.