LCVG
Chris F

Star Trek MMORPG

It's a single server shard. No idea if we have EU players or not. Certainly haven't run into anything obvious.

Hit Lt Commander 4 tonight and a few more runs of Htomi exploration should get me all the upgrades I need til Commander. My LotRO kin has a fleet and is plannign on being active in this game. We are recruiting if you want to check us out.

Edited by Orpheus

Still playing this on a regular basis. Up to a commander 4. The space combat is the real draw for me. It just hasn't even gotten close to old.

I should have it in the next few days. PM me your game info , and I will add you to my friends list. Once I get going I should catch up in no time. I was Commander LVL 2 before I stopped playing the beta. I lost hours playing it.

Anyone else still playing?

Let my sub lapse. I hit Commander 4 or somewhere thereabouts. I may check it out again later, but doing the same 4 or 5 types of missions over and over again is getting really old.

Got my Key today. Patching now. If anyone would like to try the game, i can send you a 5 day Key . Just send me a PM if interested

Been playing a bit. The one major thing that bugs me is how they automatically team you up with other people in missions. Whats the point of having a cew, if you can't use them when playing alone.

You can turn off the auto teaming feature in the friends list window (default keybind?O). Should be under the team tab but what your looking for is a pull down that says "Open", you should be able to change that to "Closed" or some other setting but that will disable the auto teaming option.

BTW Capt: I sent you a friend invite last night under my account name: bigreddog. Let me know if your available tonight, a bunch of my fleet mates are going to take down the crystalline entity tonight.

I should be on later, I will accept your invite. How far in is the Crystalline Entity? I'm still early on.

Thanks on the info about the auto team.

Crystalline Entity (CE) can be done at any level. I believe you get the actual mission once you start doing missions in the Alpha Centauri sector (zone north of the Sol sector). These missions are usually in the Lt. Commander or Commander level range, 11-21, I believe.

Yeah I need to level up some more before trying Crystalline Entity . I went in by accident and got killed quickly.

Played a lot this morning, and I am 3/4 way to Lt Commander. Game runs so much smoother then the end of the beta. I should be on whenever I am home the next few days, so if you guys see me, throw me an invite.

In all the times I played the beta, I had no idea the ship store on Earths starbase had a 2nd floor. Maybe it's because there was not many exploration missions in it to get those tokens.

On the grouping front, I've changed my mind a lot. It makes the game so much better, and smoother from a leveling stand point. Instead of taking forever to do certain missions, you get a 4 people in there and split up. Finish those scans or destroy enemy fleet stuff really quick and hop out. Lets you do those without being dragged out, and you can hop into the longer story missions quicker.

We really need to get a fleet going, and more people playing :-)

I've been sick Joey, but I'll be back in soon. And you don't need exploration tokens to buy ships, straight currency will work. There is a woman at the desk in there were you can purchase ships.

I meant ship parts/upgrades. I did see the Lt Commander ships are 20,000+ credits need to star saving. A Level and a half away from LtC

Just remember that each time you hit a new command rank you get 1 free ship upgrade coupon/token. So at levels 11, 21, 31, 41 you get 1 free ship upgrade. Those other merits (rank 1-5) get you green ship components (weapons/shields/consoles/etc.) for about 50-100 per. Depends on what your buying but you can pick up stuff for a decent amount through this system. Great for loading out a ship without having to wait for drops or spending loads of cash on the exchange.

I usually don't play on Sundays and Mondays but I'll look for you come Tuesday. I have a Science officer at level 11 so it should work out perfect for some grouping action.

The gear obtained through exploration was certainly worth the bit of effort. I think they also reduced or eliminated the cooldown on repeating the exploration missions while I was still playing. Found no need to buy on the AH at all.

I hit Lt commander and got a sweet cruiser. Go out into space, and the first ship I see is Defiant class. My joy for the cruiser went right out the window.

The honeymoon is over. I'm not going to continue once the first month is up. I had alot of fun getting to Lt Commander, but like like Travis said, eventually it got way too repetitive doing the same space missions over and over. Not enough ground/story stuff to hold my interest with so many good single RPG's to play.

During the Champions Online beta they already had 360 controller support in there, and for that game it worked fine. They have been talking about having problems with Microsoft getting them on there.

During the Champions Online beta they already had 360 controller support in there, and for that game it worked fine. They have been talking about having problems with Microsoft getting them on there.

There's a heck of a lot more to a console conversion than just controller support (which you can do on the PC, mind!) ;) Business wise, there's a whole bunch of tough conversations with the platform holder for billing, server support & financial models.

With the recent Season 2 update and the price drop I am going to try STO out. Anyone on here still playing? I think I will roll a tactical officer but, any suggestions/help/advice? Has the game improved at all since March when (it looks like) most of you left it...?