LCVG

Failsafe's Boneyard Game Music Challenge II

Failsafe

Hey everyone!

Thought it might be fun to once again test everyone's knowledge of old school video game music. So here we go with 6 clips of music from consoles predating the current generation of systems.

I'll start off by not giving any hints (not even which console each song is from) - I want to see how you guys do first. If a particular song is tripping you guys up, I'll help out. The quality of each song has been downgraded to save bandwidth but should be more than adequate for this purpose.

As before, please keep the following in mind:

If you think you know an answer, please don't post the name of the song right away. Do something like this:

Song #1 - 100% sure

Song #2 - Pretty sure

Song #3 - No idea

Song #4 - Pretty sure

This will provide an opportunity for everyone who reads to give it a shot without fear of reading the answer. It will also be a gauge for me to see how people are doing.

Let's get it on!

Song #1 - Sega CD - (deepsea adventure!)

Song #2 - PSX (vehicular combat - sequel to very popular '70s-ish' game)

Song #3 - PSX (vehicular combat - the best game in this lengthy series, IMHO!)

Song #4 - PSX (racing game - options menu - "the ultimate driving sim") ;)

Song #5 - Sega Saturn (fighting - graphics floored me - just like the arcade!)

Song #6 - Arcade version I believe (game also appeared on SNES and N64) NOTE: Romier's got this one. C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!

Good Luck! :green:

Man, clueless as hell on most of these. I think I know the first one (The Sega CD one). #6 is a total gimmie. Whoever doesn't know that needs to hand in his gamer card. ;)

The Saturn one also sounds very familiar but I would need to know more. The others, once again I'm completely clueless on.

PS: Love these challenges also Failsafe, you should do them more often!

Ah, my supposition on #6 is almost assuredly correct. No, mon ami Hastings, it is a pleasure to use the little gray cells ;).

I can guess #1 from the clue, thankfully :P

I'll wager there's only ONE lengthy vehicular combat series for the PSX, so I can peg #3 on that.

But the others, swish ;).

I agree with Romier though, please do more, they rule :tu:

Originally posted by adamsappel+Sep 25 2004, 07:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamsappel @ Sep 25 2004, 07:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Failsafe@Sep 25 2004, 07:19 AM

As Romier mentioned in a PM, whoever didn't get #6 needs to turn in their gamer card. :green:

Yeah, so, where do I send it? [/b]

#6 is probably one of my favorite games of all time.

And here are the answers ...

#1 - Ecco the Dolphin (an early stage - perhaps the first)

#2 - Vigilante 8 (not sure what stage)

#3 - Twisted Metal 2 (FIELD OF SCREAMS stage - Holland)

#4 - Gran Turismo (Options Menu)

#5 - Virtua Fighter 2 (Akira's Stage)

#6 - Killer Instinct (Title)

I'll be back Sunday, October 3 in the early morning with another round! ;)

OK, so how come I got 5 of 6 without even listening to them, just from the descriptions? You're being far to generous with the clues there, mon ami.

The one I missed was Vigilante 8; I didn't even realise this was a sequel. I went for Interstate '82, the sequel to Interstate '76.

Originally posted by iainl@Sep 27 2004, 05:39 AM

OK, so how come I got 5 of 6 without even listening to them, just from the descriptions? You're being far to generous with the clues there, mon ami.

The one I missed was Vigilante 8; I didn't even realise this was a sequel. I went for Interstate '82, the sequel to Interstate '76.

Yeah, I got pretty generous with the clues. 8) I shouldn't have to do that for the next ones. That's not to say they're gimmes.

I'm putting some real thought into the next ones (I've already got the next three planned) so that they're balanced and increase in difficultly slightly each time.

Regarding Interstate '82, I should have known that was the sequel. I was thinking that Vigilante 8 was the next in the series. Thanks for the correction.

Stay tuned for October 3, I've got some great stuff coming up! :)