LCVG
secretvampire

What concerts have you gone to lately?

Seeing Waters do The Wall on the 12th of May at the 02 (the UK shows are being filmed for eventual DVD and Blu-ray release. I'm really hoping this will be coordinated with a Blu-ray release of the film too). Ludicrously excited. The new tour looks so sophisticated. That screen seems vast!

Got tickets for a John Barry Memorial Concert at the Albert Hall on the 20th of June too.... Michael Caine, Timothy Dalton, Shirley Bassey, David Arnold and other guests to attend. Be criminal if Bassey does not perform.

I'm dumbstruck.... giddy..... If the show in itself was epic, which it was, then I don't know how to describe what it was to have David Gilmour join Waters this evening on Comfortably Numb, and then for Nick Mason to join them both on stage at the very end. What I witnessed has still not sunk in. I'd found out just this week that Gilmour and Waters had made an agreement that, after Waters agreed to joined Gilmour for a small charity gig recently, Dave would make one appearance at one of the Wall shows, but not necessarily any of the London ones... Stunning.

Comfortably Numb and Outside The Wall (when Mason came to the stage) were recorded tonight for the DVD and, hopefully, Blu-ray.

It's been Youtubed already, of course:

Went to see Sully Erna(lead singer of Godsmack) twice recently at some very small venues promoting his solo album. Amazing concerts. Very different than Godsmack. More tribal. Talented dude for sure

Pearl Jam at Alpine Valley this weekend for their 20th anniversary celebration. Highlight was theTemple of the dog with chris cornell. I literally cried during Say Hello to Heaven (helped get me through a tough loss this year). Just an incredible weekend. So glad I went.

Got to finally see Rasputina a couple weeks back. Really cool show in a tiny old club. Also Jeff Tweedy do a solo show this summer where he played a number of the new songs from the upcoming Wilco album.

This weekend is Gene Ween doing a solo show and we're looking at possibly catching St Vincent in October.

The PJ20 event looked good, but i just can't take all day music fests anymore.

I will get the chance to check off a HUGE entry on my bucket list, one that I thought had passed me by and would be impossible. Forget the Powerball, I lucked out in the online ticket lottery today and scored 2 floor tickets to see Pulp at the Warfield in San Francisco in April with one of my oldest friends. I cannot wait. Even more thrilled that I'm seeing them at a smallish theater instead of a massive festival or warehouse sized venue.

Last night I saw Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue, with The Dirty Dozen Brass Band as the opening act.

It was a funked-filled fun time! I heard Trombone Shorty got invited to play at the White House this weekend, so the POTUS and FLOTUS are in for a real treat.

Carlos.

Los Campesinos!

I miss hanging out at small and crappy venues. Radiohead (in an outrageous and devoid of personality venue) is about 2 weeks away.