LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
GreenMonkey

Battle for Middle Earth

Pikemen in the porcupine formation aren't trample-able and will put the hurt on calvary. But if not in formation they are indeed trample-able.

As far as toggling, you can assign groups with Ctrl + #. You can use shift to add units or just grab them with the mouse.

I like to assign the troops to one number and give them commands. Say. calvary #1, archers #2. Then I manually assign targets to heroes to help maximize their effectiveness.

The exception here is when I play Rohan, I leave Theoden grouped with the other calvary (ditto for Eomer).

Originally posted by GreenMonkey@Dec 23 2004, 06:21 PM

As far as toggling, you can assign groups with Ctrl + #. You can use shift to add units or just grab them with the mouse.

I like to assign the troops to one number and give them commands. Say. calvary #1, archers #2. Then I manually assign targets to heroes to help maximize their effectiveness.

That's what I do. I meant like in Warcraft III if you had a hero, knights, and riflemen in one group, you could toggle between the subgroups like the hero, the group of knights, or the group of riflemen using the TAB key. I couldn't find which key did that in BFME.

Good game

Wait for the 1.03 patch to come out...the online balance is terrible right now. New patch was battletested and previewed for us by gamereplays.org community members and promises a VAST improvement.