LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Mutombo

Anybody else looking forward to Crimson Skies?

Yes, there is certainly a single player game.

The story isn't as cool as the world. It's an alternate universe set in the late 1930's into the 1940's. The US split up into something like 20 separate nations due to the effects of the Great Depression. Zeppelins and airplanes became the predominant method of travel after the 20 nations couldn't agree on transport via rail or road. What results is a pirate-like lawless atmosphere as the various nations are unable to enforce their various laws across the skies.

It's a unique setting as the "pirates" are taken right out of 1940's era Hollywood glamour. Gentlemen pirates with an almost 1920's-ish party atmosphere similar in a way to The Great Gatsby.

Originally posted by WarEagle@Sep 29 2003, 12:01 PM

From Tekkendork on the IGN forums...

Paul, as you know, we can't cut and paste content from other sites in their entirety. I'm unsure how much of the original was copied here, but I'm guessing it's more than fair use.

Keep in mind that, generally speaking, limited quoting is okay, as is a summary with a cite to the source.

Please trim the content of your post accordingly. Thanks!

-j

Guest Bryan

Sounds like swashbuckling air fun. I'll be the Errol Flynn of Crimson Skies, along with the Audie Murphy of RtCW.

It also sounds like we will need some high-powered hosting bandwidth for large games, doesn't it?

Originally posted by Robot Monkey+Sep 29 2003, 12:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robot Monkey @ Sep 29 2003, 12:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WarEagle@Sep 29 2003, 12:01 PM

From Tekkendork on the IGN forums...

Paul, as you know, we can't cut and paste content from other sites in their entirety. I'm unsure how much of the original was copied here, but I'm guessing it's more than fair use.

Keep in mind that, generally speaking, limited quoting is okay, as is a summary with a cite to the source.

Please trim the content of your post accordingly. Thanks!

-j [/b]

No prob! I fixed it up. :D